I have stopped going.

I have stopped going.

June 13th, 2017, 12:20 am #1

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have stopped going to church. Yes, we've finally did it. After the recent murders we just took a stand and aren't going anymore. OWE family was very disappointed of course, but it's just for the best. I was not getting anything out of it and was annoyed and irritated with the lessons, especially the 4 WebExs in a row. So that's that... no word from the Minister or whatever, but probably get a visit soon. Who knows.

June 13th, 2017, 12:52 am #2

Stay strong. You know you have made the right decision. God bless!

June 13th, 2017, 3:58 am #3

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have stopped going to church. Yes, we've finally did it. After the recent murders we just took a stand and aren't going anymore. OWE family was very disappointed of course, but it's just for the best. I was not getting anything out of it and was annoyed and irritated with the lessons, especially the 4 WebExs in a row. So that's that... no word from the Minister or whatever, but probably get a visit soon. Who knows.
Hope it all works out for you.

June 13th, 2017, 8:06 pm #4

What the Minister and Deacons say to you. It will be interesting to hear. Well probably not interesting, but I would like to compare it with what they said to my daughter several months ago when she left.

June 14th, 2017, 9:53 am #5

What did they say to her and how pushy were they with you?

June 14th, 2017, 1:41 pm #6

whatever, as long as they believe the gospel. You can find you will like it much more than your INC experience.

June 14th, 2017, 2:03 pm #7

What did they say to her and how pushy were they with you?
The same ones they usually go with. They were actually pretty nice to here. And they didn't say much to me either. Honestly, I think they are kind of intimidated by me, and by Westerners in general because we tend to be less submissive than the Filipino members. The only harsh or pushy comments were to my wife. And then only by a couple of deacons/deaconesses which I think contributed to the divide between my wife and child.

Good news on that front by the way. The rift between them does seem to be healing slowly, and we seem to be getting back to being a normal family.

June 14th, 2017, 2:25 pm #8

whatever, as long as they believe the gospel. You can find you will like it much more than your INC experience.
Which if you have been in INC for a while you probably have already wasted enough time on religion, all this baloney about salvation, wasting your life for some rainbow land that in all likelyhood doesn't exist. Even if there is a God would he she or it not prefer someone who is a decent person and couldn't believe for various reasons than someone who can't face inevitable extinction and just going to some religion because they think otherwise they are going to hell.

I think INC has turned me into an atheist or at least agnostic.

June 14th, 2017, 4:12 pm #9

I have traveled all over the world, seen a hundred different churches and religious beliefs, how they are all right and the others are wrong, or they are the only or in some cases, best path to salvation etc... Many of them will say I am a member of X religion due to god's or some other entities grace, when its really more because of their parents and culture. And before Tomas chimes in saying he is an exception, I grant that there are no absolute rules regarding children following their parents.

In my opinion though, INC is one of the worst I have encountered, simply because they are so closed and secretive, especially regarding finances. And they make to much of an effort at controlling the lives of their members, having every aspect of life revolve around the church, even going so far as to tell them who to vote for.

June 14th, 2017, 11:55 pm #10

As one of the worst religions. I wonder why anyone in their right mind would join, the answer is obvious, no one does. The only source of converts is the children brainwashed since birth.