Steele Mountain

Steele Mountain

August 10th, 2009, 4:09 am #1

The north side of Steele Mountain is a wild looking place. It far exceeded my expectations. Today, my son and I climbed a route on the north face (Quasi-Moat-O) and had a great time. The rock is pretty crumbly and the moss was still wet from the recent rain. But the setting was fantastic!

After bushwacking up a steep, forested hill, we got our first view of the north side.

The route was done in 4 short pitches.

Wild looking cliffs.

Kevin belaying.

On top of the north summit of Steele Mountain.

August 10th, 2009, 4:46 am #2

Looks like you guys had a great day!

Rob
Rob

August 10th, 2009, 5:53 am #3

The north side of Steele Mountain is a wild looking place. It far exceeded my expectations. Today, my son and I climbed a route on the north face (Quasi-Moat-O) and had a great time. The rock is pretty crumbly and the moss was still wet from the recent rain. But the setting was fantastic!

After bushwacking up a steep, forested hill, we got our first view of the north side.

Wild looking cliffs.

Kevin belaying.

Good job with the photos! I didn't know Steele Mountain was so rugged and steep from that side.

August 10th, 2009, 3:46 pm #4

Wild looking cliffs.

Kevin belaying.

Steele is one of my favorites but I've never seen it from that angle! Wow!

crappyclimber
crappyclimber

August 11th, 2009, 11:23 pm #5

Wild looking cliffs.

Kevin belaying.

Nice Job!! good to see that an some of the old routes we put up, are still being thought about and people are willing to go back to some GREAT country.
TWO thumbs up and great pictures.
GP

August 12th, 2009, 12:03 am #6

Thanks for exploring the area and revealing it in Lopez's book. The route you did on the adjacent cliff (behind Kevin in the following picture) looks very cool. Nice work.

Confirmation of reply: