Kent Peak (with pictures!)

Kent Peak (with pictures!)

August 15th, 2011, 7:08 pm #1

I found myself with less time this weekend than I expected, so decided to visit a peak that I've wanted to do for a while, but hadn't gotten the chance. So it was off to the North Fork of the Big Wood to tackle Kent.

My amazement at this year's snow has yet to cease, and the wildflowers ... are ... magnificent.

I cursed the talus slopes as I always do in the Boulders, but I would glance around (as I slowly slid back down the mountain) and the sights would sooth my annoyed soul.

I wasn't the only one out enjoying the day ...

The central Boulders have some of the best views around. Although I say that about whatever range I'm in at the moment.

At the trailhead I ran into a couple guys heading back from the West Fork trail. Dan, was that you?

All in all it is hard to complain about a day like this.

Dan
Dan

August 15th, 2011, 7:34 pm #2

You ran into Zach and myself.

August 15th, 2011, 10:23 pm #3

... as I was driving away the familiarity slowly dawned on me. But my brain is old and doesn't work as quickly as it used to!

Geo
Geo

August 16th, 2011, 2:28 am #4

I found myself with less time this weekend than I expected, so decided to visit a peak that I've wanted to do for a while, but hadn't gotten the chance. So it was off to the North Fork of the Big Wood to tackle Kent.

My amazement at this year's snow has yet to cease, and the wildflowers ... are ... magnificent.

I cursed the talus slopes as I always do in the Boulders, but I would glance around (as I slowly slid back down the mountain) and the sights would sooth my annoyed soul.

I wasn't the only one out enjoying the day ...

The central Boulders have some of the best views around. Although I say that about whatever range I'm in at the moment.

At the trailhead I ran into a couple guys heading back from the West Fork trail. Dan, was that you?

All in all it is hard to complain about a day like this.
Love the pano from the top. It's an eye opener for the trip over West Pass to Glassford. Looks like a guaranteed, self-inflicted calorie deficit disorder.

-George

Wes
Wes

August 16th, 2011, 4:46 pm #5

Wow, that Panorama really is pretty stunning!

August 16th, 2011, 4:57 pm #6

Love the pano from the top. It's an eye opener for the trip over West Pass to Glassford. Looks like a guaranteed, self-inflicted calorie deficit disorder.

-George
Yeah, I think I just need to look at that each time I have the urge to do Glassford. It will remind me that I love my knees too much.

splattski
splattski

August 16th, 2011, 5:17 pm #7

It's not so bad- it's mostly the soft stuff you can scree-ski. Note the slide tracks.

Confirmation of reply: