Hyndman Creek Rd

Hyndman Creek Rd

July 3rd, 2012, 7:51 pm #1

I'm heading back to Idaho in a couple weeks for my annual Hyndman climb. Would like to know what the road is like this year. I will be renting a car and am curious if a standard car will suffice for the drive or if I should break the bank and rent something with clearance. Anyone planning to be up there on July 21st? I'm looking forward to getting some Idaho dirt on my boots again!

July 3rd, 2012, 8:00 pm #2

Hey Nick. I should be able to join you on the 21st for a climb. Ill pack the Guinness again

I have no idea what the road is like, but I am sure I can shuttle you back there in my 4runner if needed.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 3rd, 2012, 8:02 pm #3

I'm heading back to Idaho in a couple weeks for my annual Hyndman climb. Would like to know what the road is like this year. I will be renting a car and am curious if a standard car will suffice for the drive or if I should break the bank and rent something with clearance. Anyone planning to be up there on July 21st? I'm looking forward to getting some Idaho dirt on my boots again!
the road to the TH should be pretty easy in a TWD.

July 3rd, 2012, 8:14 pm #4

Hey Nick. I should be able to join you on the 21st for a climb. Ill pack the Guinness again

I have no idea what the road is like, but I am sure I can shuttle you back there in my 4runner if needed.
Sweet, would be nice to catch up. Maybe I'll convince you to come climb some 14ers with me in Colorado. There are two others going with me. I'll shoot you a email with my "tenative" plan.

July 3rd, 2012, 9:13 pm #5

I was there last weekend and there was a Ford Contour parked at the trailhead. I have a Mazda Tribute and I don't recall any spots where I thought my ground clearance saved me. The creek wasn't running over the road.

July 5th, 2012, 2:24 pm #6

The road is totally driveable in a standard passenger car. It's a little bumpy in spots, but no need for high clearance or 4WD.

July 6th, 2012, 2:11 am #7

Thank you everyone for the information. When I lived in Idaho I had a high clearance 4WD and never worried about getting to trail, but now I'll enjoy beating up a rental car. I will opt for the full coverage for this trip!

Hope to see a few of you out there.
Cheers!

August 6th, 2012, 4:19 pm #8

I had a great visit to Idaho a couple weeks ago. Had a great crew of 9 people for a good hike. Below is a link to my Colorado Blog with a full trip report and pictures. I don't do typical TR, but enjoy if you wish.

Trip Report
http://www.coloradoascents.blogspot.com ... -peak.html

Photos
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk24 ... an%202012/

Cheers!

LT
LT

August 7th, 2012, 10:48 pm #9

Good day in the mtns, Nick. Holler next time you're heading back out this way... maybe we can do Saltzburger and Goat.

August 8th, 2012, 12:43 am #10

Would love to, will let you know when I'm heading back. My door is always open if you want to dirty your boots in Colorado. Climbed Massive today...name speaks for itself! haha

Confirmation of reply: