Great Fall Outing 2009 (Al West)

Great Fall Outing 2009 (Al West)

pat
pat

October 11th, 2009, 5:19 pm #1

Dan and Splattski came through with a great fall outing. Thank you. The following pictures do not do justice to the entire cast of characters. It was great for me to meet some new folks like Steve, Margo, Mike, and Eric. Had it not been dark upon our arrival on Friday, you would see Steve W displaying his camp cooking mastery. The camera was not working for a large part of the trip so I did not get photos of everyone. Sorry about that.

Dave below our route.

Aaron and Dave.

Aaron, Eric, and Dave.

Aaron.

Splattski-esk summit shot of Eric and I.

Aaron and Dave enjoying a brisk summit picnic.

brendon
brendon

October 11th, 2009, 11:04 pm #2

Wish I could have made it. I'm looking forward to everybody else's pics.

October 12th, 2009, 2:40 am #3

Dan and Splattski came through with a great fall outing. Thank you. The following pictures do not do justice to the entire cast of characters. It was great for me to meet some new folks like Steve, Margo, Mike, and Eric. Had it not been dark upon our arrival on Friday, you would see Steve W displaying his camp cooking mastery. The camera was not working for a large part of the trip so I did not get photos of everyone. Sorry about that.

Dave below our route.

Aaron and Dave.

Aaron, Eric, and Dave.

Aaron.

It was great to meet everyone. A well organized outing with great peeps!

Good Morning Borah!

On the saddle to Al West, are those spindrifts off of Borah?

Splattski stating up the crux

mlsl
mlsl

October 12th, 2009, 3:40 am #4

Dave below our route.

Aaron and Dave.

Aaron, Eric, and Dave.

Aaron.

The videos and some pics are here. The rest of the pics...and a few I borrowed, and credited (let me know if anyone has a problem with this), are off the picasa link in the blog.

http://margolasky.blogspot.com/2009/10/ ... -2009.html

Please let me know if any of the captions on the picasa site are wrong.
Thank you so much. I had so much fun and it was great to meet you all! What a wonderful day!! margo

mlsl
mlsl

October 12th, 2009, 12:48 pm #5

If this works, it's a google earth tour of the Lopez route according to my gps. You'll have to humor me...this is the closest I come to playing video games...

http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=34 ... g.+.kmz&zw

mlsl
mlsl

October 12th, 2009, 1:10 pm #6

The videos and some pics are here. The rest of the pics...and a few I borrowed, and credited (let me know if anyone has a problem with this), are off the picasa link in the blog.

Thank you so much. I had so much fun and it was great to meet you all! What a wonderful day!! margo
splattskis....

http://www.summitpost.org/album/553307/ ... ttski.html

michael
michael

October 12th, 2009, 2:58 pm #7

Dave below our route.

Aaron and Dave.

Aaron, Eric, and Dave.

Aaron.

Great trip and good peak choice. My toes have finally thawed out. Thanks everyone for posting pics since I was too lazy to take any.

pat
pat

October 12th, 2009, 2:59 pm #8

Margo,
You have created a very professional web page. The videos are great. It was nice meeting you.

October 12th, 2009, 4:10 pm #9

Great trip and good peak choice. My toes have finally thawed out. Thanks everyone for posting pics since I was too lazy to take any.
Maybe not lazy, just moving too fast!

Rob W
Rob W

October 12th, 2009, 5:25 pm #10

Dave below our route.

Aaron and Dave.

Aaron, Eric, and Dave.

Aaron.

What a cool trip. Wish I could have joined you! I read Margo'd write up.....very good. Any solution to keep liquid in Camelbak from freezing?

Confirmation of reply: