Fourth of July Trailhead

Fourth of July Trailhead

Mike F.
Mike F.

July 19th, 2012, 6:26 pm #1

I am planning a trip to climb Castle Peak and wanted to know How Rough the Fourth of July Road was and if I needed a high clearence car to get in there. Thanks in advance,

Dan
Dan

July 19th, 2012, 6:31 pm #2

It is rougher since the fire, but a car can still make it. We had a car up there 2 years ago.

Mike F.
Mike F.

July 19th, 2012, 6:44 pm #3

I figured as much but I had to ask. This is Idaho and we do have world famous roads.

LT
LT

July 19th, 2012, 6:49 pm #4

I am planning a trip to climb Castle Peak and wanted to know How Rough the Fourth of July Road was and if I needed a high clearence car to get in there. Thanks in advance,
Hey Mike, I drove a Corolla to the TH last year 4th of July when I climbed Castle. You shouldn't have a problem. I'm actually going in tomorrow night to MTB on Sat before meeting Nick on Sun. Thinking about riding around Castle, but I don't know if there's any snow left. When are you planning to go?

Mike F.
Mike F.

July 19th, 2012, 7:18 pm #5

LT, I am leaving Idaho Falls after work tonight and hiking in tomorrow morning. if I have enough juice left I am planning on camping out with the group at the Hyndman T.H. on Saturday night and heading up Duncan's Ridge on Sunday with you, Nick , Jeff and whoever else is going. should be a fun trip.

July 19th, 2012, 10:49 pm #6

Should be at the Hyndman trailhead as well.
Doug and James

July 20th, 2012, 1:44 am #7

LT, I am leaving Idaho Falls after work tonight and hiking in tomorrow morning. if I have enough juice left I am planning on camping out with the group at the Hyndman T.H. on Saturday night and heading up Duncan's Ridge on Sunday with you, Nick , Jeff and whoever else is going. should be a fun trip.
Mike you are bringing the keg right? Hahaha, should be a awesome Sunday!

Confirmation of reply: