Been a while since I checked in...

Been a while since I checked in...

March 10th, 2012, 1:11 am #1

I suffered a heart attack. Jan 15th. Dead on the floor. No ****. EMTs, paddles, 7 times, 8 days in the hospital. This close (picture my fingertips really close together) to 6 feet under.

3 Weeks later - took a few runs on the snowboard.

6 weeks later - tearing it up on the hill.

Holy Crap!

http://biglostblog.blogspot.com/2012/03 ... -best.html

Geo
Geo

March 10th, 2012, 2:23 am #2

a good day! Sounds like you're kickin *** in overtime.

Welcome back!

- George

March 10th, 2012, 2:57 am #3

Hey, saw that you had read that earlier! Thanks!

I have lost an incredible 34lbs since that day, most of that a direct result of the heart attack. Loss of appetite and initial weakness from the ordeal. I have been on a strict diet since being released from hospital... getting used to it and am indeed feeling much, much better. Going to have to buy new clothes soon, am sporting the baggy look at the moment.

My wife has been a super-hero through this whole thing. The The Valentine card she gave me made my eyes kinda moist, and I am not a big believer in that type of commercial BS... I guess it was what she wrote in it that hit me.... She said I was her "Once in a lifetime friend......"

She confided in me her thoughts about almost losing me. She said "It was so scarey, they said you might not make it when they loaded you up for the trip to the hospital.... what would I do without you? I would be so, so lonely".... Wow, what do you say to something like that?

March 10th, 2012, 4:07 am #4

I suffered a heart attack. Jan 15th. Dead on the floor. No ****. EMTs, paddles, 7 times, 8 days in the hospital. This close (picture my fingertips really close together) to 6 feet under.

Holy Crap!

Welcome back to the land of the living, JB.
From reading your blog, sounds like life is a little tastier after all that?
Keep kicking- glad to see you were out with Dean. Us old dudes gotta show all them young 'uns how it's done!

Geo
Geo

March 10th, 2012, 4:16 am #5

Hey, saw that you had read that earlier! Thanks!

I have lost an incredible 34lbs since that day, most of that a direct result of the heart attack. Loss of appetite and initial weakness from the ordeal. I have been on a strict diet since being released from hospital... getting used to it and am indeed feeling much, much better. Going to have to buy new clothes soon, am sporting the baggy look at the moment.

My wife has been a super-hero through this whole thing. The The Valentine card she gave me made my eyes kinda moist, and I am not a big believer in that type of commercial BS... I guess it was what she wrote in it that hit me.... She said I was her "Once in a lifetime friend......"

She confided in me her thoughts about almost losing me. She said "It was so scarey, they said you might not make it when they loaded you up for the trip to the hospital.... what would I do without you? I would be so, so lonely".... Wow, what do you say to something like that?
...exactly what to say to that.

-George

March 10th, 2012, 4:52 am #6

Welcome back to the land of the living, JB.
From reading your blog, sounds like life is a little tastier after all that?
Keep kicking- glad to see you were out with Dean. Us old dudes gotta show all them young 'uns how it's done!
Dean, and his wife Heather, are a couple of awesome individuals, the only fault they have is that they are skiers!!

The shots below are from January 15th.... with another buddy.... Dave Bramwell

It was a couple of hours after these shots were taken that I ended up on the kitchen floor. I don't remember much (anything) from that day, the photos being evidence to myself that I split boarded on that day.....

March 10th, 2012, 6:00 am #7

Holy Crap!

Good to hear you are doing very well!

March 11th, 2012, 2:16 am #8

Hit the hill today, was great springtime conditions! Fun was had by all!

Met this guy on the chairlift.... he had heart surgery last year....

The girls had fun too!

Careful guys...they are under 18

The Old Guy...

March 12th, 2012, 6:12 pm #9

Holy Crap!

Some uphill yesterday, nothing terribly big. Felt good!

Wes
Wes

March 12th, 2012, 7:23 pm #10

Next stop; Sawtooths. Keep it up JB!

Confirmation of reply: