Update on Mom

Update on Mom

June 2nd, 2012, 8:54 pm #1

So, the cardiac enzymes keep rising. Her heart is giving out. They wouldn't even do the hip surgery if I begged because she would almost certainly die during or shortly after surgery. I was just there and the hospice nurse removed every single tube, the mittens she was wearing so she wouldn't pull out the catheter, etc. She's just getting morphine. She's just there in her hospital gown and I'm praying the end comes relatively soon. I took DD to visit, although she is so young she didn't want to really say goodbye but she really wanted to come. I said all the things I needed to say to my mom (favorite memories, thank you for taking care of me when I was a child, all of her family members waiting to see her when she's ready to pass over, etc). DH is going to see her soon as well.

I called my boss (principal at Catholic school) because my mom is Catholic and doesn't have a parish here. We should be able to have a funeral Mass there, and that way at least I'll be in a community that I am familiar with from this past year at work and that will be a comfort. Most of my mom's friends from the SF area are dead, there is no family at all here.

I have to tell you guys, holding my sad daughter in my arms as I cried at my mom's bedside...just thinking that someday it will be my little girl who is holding my hand and crying as I die...it just about killed me.

cy2

June 2nd, 2012, 9:34 pm #2

Sending hugs and comforting energy your way.

It must be so hard for you to go through this. You're doing everything right and your Mom is very fortunate that you are there for her. DD is lucky to have you to set such a stellar example of love and dignity.

I hope that everything goes smoothly and that you are able to survive this difficult time with support and lover from your friends.

Hang in there!

cy

June 2nd, 2012, 9:38 pm #3

So, the cardiac enzymes keep rising. Her heart is giving out. They wouldn't even do the hip surgery if I begged because she would almost certainly die during or shortly after surgery. I was just there and the hospice nurse removed every single tube, the mittens she was wearing so she wouldn't pull out the catheter, etc. She's just getting morphine. She's just there in her hospital gown and I'm praying the end comes relatively soon. I took DD to visit, although she is so young she didn't want to really say goodbye but she really wanted to come. I said all the things I needed to say to my mom (favorite memories, thank you for taking care of me when I was a child, all of her family members waiting to see her when she's ready to pass over, etc). DH is going to see her soon as well.

I called my boss (principal at Catholic school) because my mom is Catholic and doesn't have a parish here. We should be able to have a funeral Mass there, and that way at least I'll be in a community that I am familiar with from this past year at work and that will be a comfort. Most of my mom's friends from the SF area are dead, there is no family at all here.

I have to tell you guys, holding my sad daughter in my arms as I cried at my mom's bedside...just thinking that someday it will be my little girl who is holding my hand and crying as I die...it just about killed me.
Dear Renata,

I know your heart is breaking and your world is upside down right now. While my 87 year old mother unexpectedly survived a different yet similar situation in November, it seems like yesterday I was crying at her bedside and already missing her....and so I understand your pain.

From what you've posted here, you've been an amazing and loving daughter. While you've posted of her being challenging, you worked through your "stuff" with your mom and here you are - loving her completely and being wtih her.

Keep loving her, she knows it and feels it.

My thoughts are with you.

June 2nd, 2012, 9:54 pm #4

it makes me want to give my mum a hug. My thoughts are with you at this very difficult time.

June 2nd, 2012, 10:16 pm #5

I am so deeply sorry, so sad for your difficult time.

sending you lots of love, huge huge hugs and know that you are in my thoughts

xo
Julie

June 2nd, 2012, 11:31 pm #6

I cannot imagine how difficult this is for you.

It is good that your dd has been able to know a little of her dgm. It is a lovely thing for her to be able to see you (her mom) taking care of your mom.

Please know that you are in my thoughts.

June 3rd, 2012, 12:53 am #7

That is so very hard. Lots of prayers and love coming from everyone.

Last edited by AC2009 on June 3rd, 2012, 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally

June 3rd, 2012, 1:36 am #8

There's something so heartbreaking about losing a mom. My heart goes out to you at this time. {{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}

June 3rd, 2012, 1:55 am #9

I am really sorry. I will be praying for you. Lots of hugs. Lots and lots of hugs.

June 3rd, 2012, 2:11 am #10

Renata,

I'm so sorry to see this. I'm glad you are able to be there with her and your DD too but how difficult this must be. Thanks for letting us know and I'll continue to send prayers your way.

Best wishes,
Alex