Sorry to be so scarce ladies....

Sorry to be so scarce ladies....

September 14th, 2011, 2:53 am #1

I'm back to work after almost 2 yrs off on mat leave and I'm having a hard time with everything. Plus I've got a dental situation and now have been referred to an orthodontist and I'm looking at possible surgery. There are layoffs at work and ds's are both crying their hearts out at daycare drop off and as lovely as the daycare is, my heart knows that I should be home with them but I can't afford it. Both dh and I need to work for many reasons. Plus we're weaning ds #2 as I've got to take antibiotics and don't like the possible side effects to baby. I hope I can restart nursing him after the antibiotics leave my system. We're really not ready to fully weane yet

Still working on that income project but I'm just too pooped at the end of the day for much else other than getting the boys and myself to bed. So I'll try to catch up later but for now, I hope everyone is doing well.

Cheers,
Z.
Last edited by ZakiaZ on September 14th, 2011, 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

September 14th, 2011, 3:02 am #2

I hope your dental situation is resolved without surgery, and you can get back to nursing. Are you pump and dump at this point?

Sending my kids to preschool, even though they have a great time, really tugs at my heart. I just miss them so much during the day.

Pink

September 14th, 2011, 3:17 am #3

I'm back to work after almost 2 yrs off on mat leave and I'm having a hard time with everything. Plus I've got a dental situation and now have been referred to an orthodontist and I'm looking at possible surgery. There are layoffs at work and ds's are both crying their hearts out at daycare drop off and as lovely as the daycare is, my heart knows that I should be home with them but I can't afford it. Both dh and I need to work for many reasons. Plus we're weaning ds #2 as I've got to take antibiotics and don't like the possible side effects to baby. I hope I can restart nursing him after the antibiotics leave my system. We're really not ready to fully weane yet

Still working on that income project but I'm just too pooped at the end of the day for much else other than getting the boys and myself to bed. So I'll try to catch up later but for now, I hope everyone is doing well.

Cheers,
Z.
so sorry to hear this, my friend.

Wish I could help some way.

Is it your wisdom teeth? DH had to have surgery to have one out and should have another out but he's put it off, it doesn't bother him anymore. Hope your teeth issues get resolved quickly. Sorry about the anti biotics and the forced wean I totally would do that too.
How I wish I could come help. dang it.

sending hugs and love,
julie

September 14th, 2011, 11:57 am #4

Cheers,
Z.
You live in one of the more expensive cities. I wonder if your long-term plan can include moving someplace where the cost of living would allow you to have more time with the kids?

I'm so sorry about all the stress. Sounds like a really rough time.

Keiki's Makuahine (Keiki's Mom) 50, dh 50
Keiki: b. 2002 after 3 months bedrest
Natural conception following ZIFT/chem. pg

Olivia: b. 1999 d. 1999
28-week preemie, ptl cause unknown
Natural conception after 1 mc

ttc since 1998

September 14th, 2011, 12:52 pm #5

Cheers,
Z.
Z I am so very sorry, you have so much going on the stress is palpable. Ouch on the dental issues. I know that can get to be expensive, what's the problem ? Wisdom teeth ? Let us know what happens ....

Guilt is killer too, it's hard to drop kiddies off knowing that you have to but don't want to. Hang in there .... hugs as always
V

cy2

September 14th, 2011, 5:49 pm #6

Cheers,
Z.
Hang in there. Things change, people adjust, good things happen and you'll learn to adapt.

I hope that you find some extra energy to do a little something for your own enjoyment and mental health.

Don't beat yourself up about things on your To Do list that you didn't cross off today. That will just sap your energy going forward.

Sometimes it's perfectly ok to just try to make it through one day at a time. In fact, it's an accomplishment to keep stringing those days together are your children grow.

September 14th, 2011, 5:58 pm #7

Cheers,
Z.
I had a hard time when I first started working; not knowing when they last pooped or peed and when and what they ate, etc. It was hard and all I wanted to do was get home all day. DS cried whne I left and it was awful.

But, now DS and DD are doing very well, they have ablast with their cousins and sometimes don't even notice I get home. But I know they are having fun and they are learning so much. And my job is fun too, although I do miss them.

It gets better Z, and weening and starting ajob a two things that are tough to do at the same time!! Big hugs, it will be better soon! I hope your dental stuff works out OK... DD has a cavity I have to get taken care of!

September 14th, 2011, 11:25 pm #8

Cheers,
Z.
So sorry to hear this. I can hear how tired you are in your writing. Everyone will adjust and it will get better, hang in there!!

September 15th, 2011, 1:16 am #9

Cheers,
Z.
you sound so tired. i wish i had words of advice for you, but i dont. i know how much you love those little bundles of heaven.

and i am sure they miss you--but you know what? that only means they love you sooo much because you are such a great mommy to them.

keep your chin up. the dust will settle and the gears will start grinding. and when you need a sounding board, we are here for you. i would love to hear about your ideas.

gl!!

ps--because i know you will ask. no, not yet. 39 weeks and nothing. but in case you ask and i am not on to tell you something happened, you now know the latest update--for now.

be well!

September 15th, 2011, 12:14 pm #10

I'm at work now so don't want to be on here too long but will try to respond better later.

I'll find out tomorrow what's the issue with my dental situation.

Ndn - I'm so excited for you. Can't wait for the "BIG" news

Better response later.
Group hug,
Z.