DS is now 10!!!! (m)

DS is now 10!!!! (m)

cy2

October 28th, 2011, 7:16 pm #1

Hi everyone,

DS turned 10 yesterday. Instead of the usual cupcakes we had rootbeer floats. That was a total hit. Thankfully it wasn't derailed by the flu shot clinic which was inconveniently scheduled during their morning break. I was frantically putting 21 cups (includes 2 teacher) on ice blocks after all the ice cream was scooped and waiting.

Anyway, I'd highly recommend doing rootbeer floats if the teacher says ok and you have time to serve them. I got the idea from another mom last year and it's definitely an all time hit.

October 28th, 2011, 7:24 pm #2

I may try this for DD's half-birthday in January. THat is just so fabulous and unique!

And, btw and most importantly, happy, happy birthday to DS. Ten -- what a special birthday!!!

A special hug to you, mamma.

~K.

October 28th, 2011, 7:25 pm #3

Hi everyone,

DS turned 10 yesterday. Instead of the usual cupcakes we had rootbeer floats. That was a total hit. Thankfully it wasn't derailed by the flu shot clinic which was inconveniently scheduled during their morning break. I was frantically putting 21 cups (includes 2 teacher) on ice blocks after all the ice cream was scooped and waiting.

Anyway, I'd highly recommend doing rootbeer floats if the teacher says ok and you have time to serve them. I got the idea from another mom last year and it's definitely an all time hit.
Wow, double-digits! (Sniff) I can't believe we'll be there in about 8 months!

DS had his first rootbeer float at the fair recently and loved it.

Keiki's Makuahine (Keiki's Mom) 50, dh 50
Keiki: b. 2002 after 3 months bedrest
Natural conception following ZIFT/chem. pg

Olivia: b. 1999 d. 1999
28-week preemie, ptl cause unknown
Natural conception after 1 mc

ttc since 1998

October 29th, 2011, 1:56 pm #4

Hi everyone,

those floats sound awesome! well done mom!

jm

October 29th, 2011, 2:36 pm #5

Hi everyone,

Love the rootbeer float idea - cool twist! With DS' allergy, I am thinking that sprite and a fruit sorbet would work. Love it - filing it into the back burner!

[size=300]EllenA[/size]

dx'd high fsh at age 30
ttc 6 years
5 failed clomid cycles
2 failed IVF cycles
#3 IVF/ICSI worked out fine
FET 2 years later didn't work out
Proud mom of an amazing miracle boy.

October 29th, 2011, 7:49 pm #6

Hi everyone,

Oh my, now he's into the double digits. What a milestone.

Forgive me for asking but - what are root beer floats?

First time I've heard of them.

Z.

cy2

October 29th, 2011, 9:56 pm #7

Classic Rootbeer float = scoop vanilla ice cream into a drinking glass, pour ice cold rootbeer over. Watch out for foaming action! eat with spoon and straw.

Can also be made with any combination of soda and ice cream. Other classics are coke floats, seven up floats, or using chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla.

My favorite part is when the ice cold rootbeer freezes on the ice cream scoop and makes a frozen crust. My second favorite part is eating the foam off the top with a spoon in order to make room for more rootbeer.

Enjoy!

October 30th, 2011, 4:17 am #8

Hi everyone,

Never would have thought of it. We've done candy apples the last two years, which have been a big hit and fit into the "we're trying to be healthier" rules at the school (while they otherwise plow the children with candy uggh). Congrats to DS for making it to the double digits. It's a huge milestone.

sarasara

October 31st, 2011, 3:09 am #9

Hi everyone,

You are an inspiration.

Malka

ps. Ds will join your ds in the double digits right before Thanksgiving.

ds born 11.20.09 from single embie
highest fsh 75

November 1st, 2011, 3:37 am #10

Hi everyone,

Where does the time go, eh? Hope you and he had a great day.

I loved root beer floats when I was that age. Probably still would!!

Pink