December Changes

December Changes

December 1st, 2009, 2:04 am #1

Greetings one and all

Forgive me for not posting very much recently, I've been busy working on several projects, one has finally finished and is now live... We now have a brand new online shop where we're selling many more herb goodies than we've previously sold online. As well as back issues of our Journal, you can now buy a selection of creams, gels, soaps, essential oils, books, gifts and coming soon herb seeds. Now when you buy something from us at a show or event, you can make further purchases of that product online.

The Members Area password changed about 5 minutes ago, see page 4 of Herbs 34.4 for the current password.

Latest Members Area Additions
<em>Sarah Head</em> has written two new articles one on the many uses of <strong>Sage</strong> and the other all about her love of working with <strong>Roots</strong> as part of her Head's Herbal Journal.

For the festive season I've added some of my favourite Christmas recipes and food facts in <strong>Seasons Eatings</strong> and <em>Jenny Jones</em> article on using herbs to help you have a stress free and happy Christmas from the 2008 Winter issue of Herbs has also been added,
<strong>Christmas Is Coming....

</strong><em>Kevin Walters</em> shares his impressions of the <strong>2009 Malvern Autumn Show</strong> and <em>Sally Pinhey</em> has written a piece about how her book Natural Dyes came into being, <strong>Natural Dyes: The Birth Of A Book</strong>. Sally has kindly allowed us to add some extracts from the book including planting plans for a Dyer's herb garden to the website.

After appearing on Autumn Watch this year, <em>Christina Stapley</em> shares her passion for the <strong>Nettle</strong> in a two part article that covers the nettles uses in the home, kitchen, for dyeing, for medicine and in folklore.
See our sample article page for tasters of these articles.

Plus the 2009 Conference report has been uploaded which contains some extra photos not seen in the journal plus a couple of videos from the weekend.

There's a couple of new companies that have joined the discount scheme, see the discount section in the members area for further details.

Debs

Jane Tapping
Jane Tapping

December 1st, 2009, 2:38 pm #2

Well done Debs, don't know how you find the time or the energy. By the way haven't managed to pick the myrtle berries yet.. rain rain rain.!!! Will done as soon as poss.

Jane T

Karen lawton
Karen lawton

December 1st, 2009, 7:23 pm #3

Greetings one and all

Forgive me for not posting very much recently, I've been busy working on several projects, one has finally finished and is now live... We now have a brand new online shop where we're selling many more herb goodies than we've previously sold online. As well as back issues of our Journal, you can now buy a selection of creams, gels, soaps, essential oils, books, gifts and coming soon herb seeds. Now when you buy something from us at a show or event, you can make further purchases of that product online.

The Members Area password changed about 5 minutes ago, see page 4 of Herbs 34.4 for the current password.

<em>Sarah Head</em> has written two new articles one on the many uses of <strong>Sage</strong> and the other all about her love of working with <strong>Roots</strong> as part of her Head's Herbal Journal.

For the festive season I've added some of my favourite Christmas recipes and food facts in <strong>Seasons Eatings</strong> and <em>Jenny Jones</em> article on using herbs to help you have a stress free and happy Christmas from the 2008 Winter issue of Herbs has also been added,

</strong><em>Kevin Walters</em> shares his impressions of the <strong>2009 Malvern Autumn Show</strong> and <em>Sally Pinhey</em> has written a piece about how her book Natural Dyes came into being, <strong>Natural Dyes: The Birth Of A Book</strong>. Sally has kindly allowed us to add some extracts from the book including planting plans for a Dyer's herb garden to the website.

After appearing on Autumn Watch this year, <em>Christina Stapley</em> shares her passion for the <strong>Nettle</strong> in a two part article that covers the nettles uses in the home, kitchen, for dyeing, for medicine and in folklore.

Plus the 2009 Conference report has been uploaded which contains some extra photos not seen in the journal plus a couple of videos from the weekend.

There's a couple of new companies that have joined the discount scheme, see the discount section in the members area for further details.

Debs
Sencond that well done -and I also haven't picked my soggy berries yet.... I guiltily walk passed the bush daily thinking -'if its dry later...'

Jane Tapping
Jane Tapping

December 1st, 2009, 11:16 pm #4

Greetings one and all

Debs
Hello Karen,

I'm worse, I just look at them from the Living room window,shades of Under Milkwood, "It's too rough for fishing today!" or rather too wet in this case. Perhaps later
Jane

December 2nd, 2009, 11:06 am #5

Greetings one and all

Debs
Thanks both I sometimes feel I'm doing all this and nobody is reading the content because we get so little feedback, nice to know that people are reading it.

Jane, I read your first message last night and went to bed singing David Bowie's Changes, couldn't get the song out of my mind after reading your post subject lol!

Myrtle berries I thought of another use for... I've been making my own pepper mix with allspice berries, 3 types of pepper and coriander seeds in it. I thought I could make a blend with dried myrtle berries in to see how it goes, the spiced pepper I make goes great with everything but especially when you put it on a steak cooked in butter and fried with onions yum, yum, yum!

Debs

Jane Tapping
Jane Tapping

December 2nd, 2009, 12:06 pm #6

Greetings one and all

Debs
Hello Debs,

I'm a really sad person this mornong, playing on the computor instead of cleaning the kitchen. The pepper mix sounds great. I do hope that it dries up enough for me to ge out soon. Promised a friend some berries to go with a piece of venison. Aso Yum Yum.

Jane

December 2nd, 2009, 11:51 pm #7

Greetings one and all

Debs
I've just uploaded a short article by Julie Bruton-Seal on Seville Oranges, and I'm really pleased to add that from 2010 Julie will become a regular contributor to the Herb Society members area.

Debs