Looking for info on my grandfather, Mickle Wicker, a China Marine

Looking for info on my grandfather, Mickle Wicker, a China Marine

Jason Dunigan
Jason Dunigan

April 17th, 2004, 3:02 am #1

I do not suspect anyone will necessarily be able to help me out with this, but my grandfather, Sgt. Mickle Wicker served in China during WWII. Unfortunately, he passed away in May of 1996. He never talked much about what he did in the Marines, but I know he served in China. I have a few black & white photos of him and some of his company/btln brothers holding a captured flag in China. I do not know what company/btln he served with, nor do I know what years for certain he was there. All he ever really would say was that he served in China during WWII.

If by any chance any of you could point me in a direction for which I may be able to find out more about this, I would very much appreciate it.

Doug Hall
Doug Hall

April 17th, 2004, 2:33 pm #2

I posted a similar message 2 yrs ago which resulted in an e-mail exchange and picture exchange w/ one of my Dad's friends from WWII. It filled in many questions I had about his service. Best of luck.

Beryl
Beryl

May 20th, 2004, 1:38 pm #3

I do not suspect anyone will necessarily be able to help me out with this, but my grandfather, Sgt. Mickle Wicker served in China during WWII. Unfortunately, he passed away in May of 1996. He never talked much about what he did in the Marines, but I know he served in China. I have a few black & white photos of him and some of his company/btln brothers holding a captured flag in China. I do not know what company/btln he served with, nor do I know what years for certain he was there. All he ever really would say was that he served in China during WWII.

If by any chance any of you could point me in a direction for which I may be able to find out more about this, I would very much appreciate it.
You can get your grandfather's military records from the National Personnel Records Center. Go the this website for on-line request: http://www.nara.gov/regional/stlouis.html

My father was in Tientsin China 1939 and I was born there the next year. My mother and I left in late 1940.

Best of luck,