45-46 China duty 7th Marines L3/7 then H&S 2nd Bn 7th Marines

45-46 China duty 7th Marines L3/7 then H&S 2nd Bn 7th Marines

Russ Hauck
Russ Hauck

July 22nd, 2001, 9:08 pm #1

Would like to hear from any China hands. Stationed in Lisie Coal Mines-Tangshan-Tiensin-Poa Ho Beach( old Jap hospital)

Chuck Hardesty
Chuck Hardesty

July 24th, 2001, 12:43 am #2

I was at West Field Peiping `45-`46 in 1st Air Wing.
Were you in the 7th Marines at Peleliu? We are dedicating Medal of Honor Park for PFCJohn D. New on
12 August at 1400.
Trying to locate as many men as possible.

Chuck Hardesty
Chuck Hardesty

August 24th, 2001, 5:39 pm #3

Didn`t get any reponses,but thought I would mention we had real fine show. The Marine Corps Band of New Oelwans performed to perfection. Major General J. Gary Cooper Rtd., former Ambssador to Jamaica wa sor keynot speaker. Their were 4 veterans of the Peleliu Campaign and one Army Nurse that served in the hospital on Saipan during the campaign. She was 81 years old, but a spry old gal. The plaques are on a pedestal in the Park. All are encouraged to visit While in Mobile.
Semper Fi

Ernie brents
Ernie brents

January 21st, 2002, 1:32 am #4

I was at West Field Peiping `45-`46 in 1st Air Wing.
Were you in the 7th Marines at Peleliu? We are dedicating Medal of Honor Park for PFCJohn D. New on
12 August at 1400.
Trying to locate as many men as possible.
My 82 year old father was also in the the same outfit at Tientsin, China. Maybe they knew each other ??? He graduated in Platoon 189 at San diego . Let me hear more if you can. Thanks !

Cpt Wm (Bill) Denney
Cpt Wm (Bill) Denney

September 24th, 2002, 12:32 am #5

Didn`t get any reponses,but thought I would mention we had real fine show. The Marine Corps Band of New Oelwans performed to perfection. Major General J. Gary Cooper Rtd., former Ambssador to Jamaica wa sor keynot speaker. Their were 4 veterans of the Peleliu Campaign and one Army Nurse that served in the hospital on Saipan during the campaign. She was 81 years old, but a spry old gal. The plaques are on a pedestal in the Park. All are encouraged to visit While in Mobile.
Semper Fi
If you ever have need to contact any 4th Marines, go to the 4th Rgt's website.
You'll find plenty of us "China Marines" there!!

Cpt Bill of 2/4, 3/4 & 3/7 (H/S & Wpns Co's. '51-'67)
(E-1 to O-3)
Gen Chesty Puller to Col Bull Fischer

Cpt Wm (Bill) Denney
Cpt Wm (Bill) Denney

September 24th, 2002, 12:38 am #6

Semper Fi
If you ever have need to contact any 4th Marines, go to the 4th Rgt's website.
You'll find plenty of us "China Marines" there!!

Cpt Bill of 2/4, 3/4 & 3/7 (H/S & Wpns Co. '51-'67)
(E-1 to O-3)
Gen Chesty Puller to Col Bull Fischer

Doug Hall
Doug Hall

October 8th, 2002, 1:48 pm #7

My 82 year old father was also in the the same outfit at Tientsin, China. Maybe they knew each other ??? He graduated in Platoon 189 at San diego . Let me hear more if you can. Thanks !
Please ask you dad if he remembers Leon Hall. I have been trying to track down my dad's unit for some time.
I know he was in the 1st airwing MAG-24.