White Monster??

SAsquatcher
SAsquatcher

July 3rd, 2011, 2:44 pm #1

July 3rd, 2011, 2:54 pm #2

chattahoocheebigfoot
chattahoocheebigfoot

July 3rd, 2011, 3:18 pm #3

Looks like a silver back. However, the eyes are noticeably different. Interesting.

-Jeff

July 3rd, 2011, 4:03 pm #4

Sometimes people get exotic pets and dump them in the glades after they get too big to handle.
I wonder if that may be the case here?
I know that the Myakka ape looks to me to be a full grown Orangutan so it doesn't seem too far of a stretch to think that maybe somebody might have dumped a Gorilla as well.

I remember the old movie "Project X" in which a bunch of experimental chimps were dumped or "Freed" into the swamps.
My only concern about this is that even the everglades get cold in the winter time and though Gorillas have fur, they are still tropical animals and I do not believe that they would survive even a harsh south Florida freeze.
Having lived in south Florida for a couple of years I can tell you that it can get downright cold in the winter time on occasion but not being a primatologist I do not know for certain how adaptive to cold weather Gorillas are.

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

July 3rd, 2011, 10:18 pm #5

On the one hand it looks really "real".

On the other hand, the person's reaction was too normal. I'm sorry, but it is my feeling that if someone saw something like that - out of the blue - the first thing we'd hear is a high-pitched squeal of surprise from the human, followed by *!@&$@! and "run awaayyyy! run awaaayyyyy!"

People just don't go wandering around at night, bumping into monsters, ghosts, little green men, and saying, "Well I'll be! How curious!"

PLUS - what happened in the following seconds? I don't trust a video where it ends right then and there without the camera panning for more. The creature would have been close enough for an extra shot.......sounds of it crashing through the woods.

Also, someone commented on another YT video showing enhancements of the best frame, that there was no eye glint/reflection. Good call, I think.

I'm going to go with my gut feeling and say that this might not be 100 legit based solely upon the reaction of the camera person.

-MikeInNC

EasTexSteve
EasTexSteve

July 4th, 2011, 2:08 am #6

And, it was probably taken in the zoo.

Dewey the Gorilla expert
Dewey the Gorilla expert

July 5th, 2011, 4:35 pm #7

I'm with Steve. n?t

July 5th, 2011, 7:23 pm #8

On the one hand it looks really "real".

On the other hand, the person's reaction was too normal. I'm sorry, but it is my feeling that if someone saw something like that - out of the blue - the first thing we'd hear is a high-pitched squeal of surprise from the human, followed by *!@&$@! and "run awaayyyy! run awaaayyyyy!"

People just don't go wandering around at night, bumping into monsters, ghosts, little green men, and saying, "Well I'll be! How curious!"

PLUS - what happened in the following seconds? I don't trust a video where it ends right then and there without the camera panning for more. The creature would have been close enough for an extra shot.......sounds of it crashing through the woods.

Also, someone commented on another YT video showing enhancements of the best frame, that there was no eye glint/reflection. Good call, I think.

I'm going to go with my gut feeling and say that this might not be 100 legit based solely upon the reaction of the camera person.

-MikeInNC
Everyone should know you can stumble through the forest with a flash lite and get video of a White Monster...Must have been videoed by a Monkeyfaker fan...

Kevin Gartland
Kevin Gartland

July 5th, 2011, 10:40 pm #9

Sometimes people get exotic pets and dump them in the glades after they get too big to handle.
I wonder if that may be the case here?
I know that the Myakka ape looks to me to be a full grown Orangutan so it doesn't seem too far of a stretch to think that maybe somebody might have dumped a Gorilla as well.

I remember the old movie "Project X" in which a bunch of experimental chimps were dumped or "Freed" into the swamps.
My only concern about this is that even the everglades get cold in the winter time and though Gorillas have fur, they are still tropical animals and I do not believe that they would survive even a harsh south Florida freeze.
Having lived in south Florida for a couple of years I can tell you that it can get downright cold in the winter time on occasion but not being a primatologist I do not know for certain how adaptive to cold weather Gorillas are.
If I recall correctly this video was examined a couple years ago and it turned out this was a pic of an ape taken at either a florida zoo. Thought it was on this site since this where I come for all my bigfoot new's.
Last edited by tiny on July 6th, 2011, 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.