Top kill is failing

Top kill is failing

CoastalMike
CoastalMike

May 29th, 2010, 1:26 am #1

they won't admit it but it's basically a goner. The junk shot didn't help. We're in for a long haul.

Crispy Critter
Crispy Critter

May 29th, 2010, 3:51 pm #2

But it does seem to sound like they just made things worse. I keep thinking how bad it could be if this is an active land hitting hurricane season. Imagine not just the coast, but entire regions covered in sludge. That and gas will be $10 by the end of the year.............

May 30th, 2010, 12:20 am #3

will more then likely stay the same or possibly go down as the result of this spill...oil companies know they can't gouge the American public for their mistake...makes all the oil companies and the politicians look like crooks or more crook then they already are...

Land spills and fires are fairly frequent but not publicised as much...we've had gas wells blow and burn for weeks that no one hears about...I have pictures some where where a gas well blew the casing, pipe, like a rocket out of the ground...

BTW...we haven't had a shortage of oil ever...last time gasoline was well over 3 bucks a gallon we had a hurricane in Texas, south east region...I worked that hurricane and was surprised a few of the gasoline producing facilities had some major damage but yet gas prices dropped to around 2.50 a gallon over night...though this flow of oil is terrible for the region it's not near as bad as these politicians and oil companies running the prices up for profit...check these major oil companies quarterly and yearly profits...

If folks think the Bush administration and oil companies didn't screw our country for eight solid years I recommend you do some serious research understanding the interest his family has in oil...

This is my political bitch for the year...Personally I dislike all politicians and still can't figure out why I spend my time voting for what I consider "the less of two evils" (Democrat or Republican) Like a damn dog...I vote then have to lick my butt to get the bad taste out of my mouth...

Crispy Crittery
Crispy Crittery

May 30th, 2010, 8:09 am #4

Well, when they ban all offshore drilling I think prices might spike a tad.
yes - we get screwed by both sides - one and the same in my book.

I have read that we have more oil in Montana then they ever had in Saudi Arabia. Makes a man wonder why it has all been put off limits by the government. We have enough oil in the continental US to go 1,000 years without buying a drop from our enemies.... yet here we are. Ask yourself why.

And once you answer that one - you will see what is really happening.

May 30th, 2010, 2:48 pm #5

Several reasons...it could cause Louisiana's economy to collapse...to many politicians receive campaign money from the oil companies...some legal...some illegal...when anyone thinks a corrupt state they normally think Louisiana...thanks mainly to Governor Edwards...the whole bunch are crooks and if they're not it's because they hadn't figured out how to milk the system...our representative in our area is as dumb as a rock...seriously...just plum stupid...was elected because of money and his name...his dad, an old man, during world war II didn't serve his country...he was a damn loan shark...loaned money 25 cents on the dollar to poor people who put up their land for collateral...this man knew these poor people couldn't repay the loan so guess who ended up with the land?...

I have a neighbor who owned a small rural store...did the same thing...I dislike his sorry axx as well...you are a piece of shxx if you take advantage of poor people IMO...didn't serve his country either during the war...

BTW...all the old timers I know dislike these two men as well...

travellor
travellor

May 30th, 2010, 4:52 pm #6

why r we still supporting racing as a national sport such as NASCAR and Indy when they continue to use gasoline burning motors? If there was ever a possibility to begin the introduction of electric cars and show the public what they can do then isn't this the first real forum?? I understand that the largest problem facing the use of electric vehicles is recharge, but im sure thats what the pit can be used for. Either way it is senseless for an America facing ever rising gas prices to support an activity that thirstily burns up gas reserves to drive in a circle. Anyone who complains about gas prices should be ashamed to continue to support this absolutely ridiculous waste of a precious resource. Its time for the racing community to turn to available alternate sources of energy to power their cars and show the American public what can be done.

Crispy Critter
Crispy Critter

May 30th, 2010, 5:52 pm #7

Several reasons...it could cause Louisiana's economy to collapse...to many politicians receive campaign money from the oil companies...some legal...some illegal...when anyone thinks a corrupt state they normally think Louisiana...thanks mainly to Governor Edwards...the whole bunch are crooks and if they're not it's because they hadn't figured out how to milk the system...our representative in our area is as dumb as a rock...seriously...just plum stupid...was elected because of money and his name...his dad, an old man, during world war II didn't serve his country...he was a damn loan shark...loaned money 25 cents on the dollar to poor people who put up their land for collateral...this man knew these poor people couldn't repay the loan so guess who ended up with the land?...

I have a neighbor who owned a small rural store...did the same thing...I dislike his sorry axx as well...you are a piece of shxx if you take advantage of poor people IMO...didn't serve his country either during the war...

BTW...all the old timers I know dislike these two men as well...
The economy of the entire western world is collapsing, so I doubt if they will worry about one state.

I can only think of about 4 politicians that are not corrupt, and none of them are given any power or are listened to by all the other morons.

These folks tell us what they are planning - Obama during the campaign said gas should be at least $8 a gallon.......Maxine Waters told the oil companies they were going to nationalize them......all they need is the right crises to do it. I think they found it.

RubyRed
RubyRed

May 31st, 2010, 2:04 pm #8

But it does seem to sound like they just made things worse. I keep thinking how bad it could be if this is an active land hitting hurricane season. Imagine not just the coast, but entire regions covered in sludge. That and gas will be $10 by the end of the year.............
Sorry to say. This will stop them drilling in 5000 feet. Charles Krauthamer's article yesterday stated Environmentalists was also to blame; concerns about the aesthetics of keeping the coastline free of oil platforms has forced companies to drill farther out and to go deeper, too. But he also said environmental concerns DOESN'T let BP off the hook either. In the meantime, Gulf Coasters in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama watch the economy and ecology die! It makes me sick!
Ruby

Crispy Critter
Crispy Critter

May 31st, 2010, 3:46 pm #9

why r we still supporting racing as a national sport such as NASCAR and Indy when they continue to use gasoline burning motors? If there was ever a possibility to begin the introduction of electric cars and show the public what they can do then isn't this the first real forum?? I understand that the largest problem facing the use of electric vehicles is recharge, but im sure thats what the pit can be used for. Either way it is senseless for an America facing ever rising gas prices to support an activity that thirstily burns up gas reserves to drive in a circle. Anyone who complains about gas prices should be ashamed to continue to support this absolutely ridiculous waste of a precious resource. Its time for the racing community to turn to available alternate sources of energy to power their cars and show the American public what can be done.
To generate electricity to recharge them little putt putts - you need to burn coal and oil.....actually be using about the same amount as we use now if all cars were electric. It is just another fraud.

It is like that stupid eye drop commercial - - -Doc - I use this over the counter stuff twice everyday - - - - - well then you have a nasty dry eye condition - let me give you this prescription....now use this twice a day every day and you'll be fine...I do......

scott from philly
scott from philly

May 31st, 2010, 11:36 pm #10

key is solar....I am in process now having it installed....my next door neighbor had it put in, and has been GETTING checks from power company around $100 a month, plus all the tax deductions....I am getting solar, plus a windmill, plus had to get electric heater to replace the oil burner...cant wait to get paid instead of paying PECO $300-$400 a month

have seen on TV, some states will even give you the panels