Spookiness

Spookiness

Crispy Critter
Crispy Critter

January 24th, 2011, 6:03 am #1

This was back around 1982 83. I had moved into a flat in Sacramento CA, with a roommate, about 1 block from the old Sutter Fort. It is still a tourist attraction.

The building was turn of the century, upstairs with a big heavy oak door at the stairwell entrance, and for the front door of the flat. The stairs made a lot of noise when anyone walked on them. Downstairs the first floor was (and still is) a knick knack shop that closes around 8 or 9 PM. The flat had wood floors, gas stove, and old plumbingLOL

I t started with noise and voices late at night. Coming from nowhere in particular, but never the room you happened to be in. Over time things in the kitchen would slam down from the shelves. That was exciting.LOL Sometimes the gas would turn on but the pilot lights would be out.

All this could be my absentmindedness..until one night my then girlfriend and I watched a stranger walk down the hall and into my bedroom. I went running after him only to find no one there. Nowhere to hide, nowhere to go.

One day I did laundry and a shirt that was a hang dry was left drapped over a chair. When I went to put it up it was gone. One day I opened the ice box and found a sneaker that I had lost a few weeks earlier tucked between the ice cubes.

At 3 Am the front door started knock almost every night. No one there. Would walk back to my bed, and the knocking would start again. No steps going up or down the stairs. No big oak door slamming at the bottom. Just knocking.

One morning I woke up to find the missing shirt laid out on the floor next to my bed, about a month after it went missing.

Lots of footsteps on the hardwood lamp cords swinging. Lights going on and off. The usual spookinessLOL

But what got me to thinking about all this was Lone Wolfs bathroom experience.

We had a bent up shower rod that was higher on one end than the other. One evening I was getting ready to go out, and had some friends waiting in the living room. I finished my shower and grabbed my towel, and pushed the shower curtain to the low side of the rod. As I steped out of the shower I heard a swoosh sound. I turned to watch the curtain shoot up to the high end. There is stopped and started to vibrated side to side.

I opened the door backing out and called my friends over, and for the next 5 minutes we all stood there watching it. Crazy! I never took another shower there after dark.

There is mucho more but them is some highlightsLOL freaky place to live I was there for a year.

January 24th, 2011, 2:16 pm #2

Darn shame a man can't take a shower without something pestering him...LOL...

January 24th, 2011, 2:24 pm #3

One of the dog pans showed up...yesterday while feeding I noticed the pan on top of one of the dog boxes...and yes it wasn't there a few days back since I moved all the boxes thinking maybe the dogs pushed the pans under them some how...still missing one pan...

But it has been quiet around here...Petey the pup hasn't been staring down the hall barking for several weeks...damn shame I live such a boring life a ghost can't stand to live here...LOL...

Last edited by tiny on January 24th, 2011, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 24th, 2011, 4:55 pm #4

This was back around 1982 83. I had moved into a flat in Sacramento CA, with a roommate, about 1 block from the old Sutter Fort. It is still a tourist attraction.

The building was turn of the century, upstairs with a big heavy oak door at the stairwell entrance, and for the front door of the flat. The stairs made a lot of noise when anyone walked on them. Downstairs the first floor was (and still is) a knick knack shop that closes around 8 or 9 PM. The flat had wood floors, gas stove, and old plumbingLOL

I t started with noise and voices late at night. Coming from nowhere in particular, but never the room you happened to be in. Over time things in the kitchen would slam down from the shelves. That was exciting.LOL Sometimes the gas would turn on but the pilot lights would be out.

All this could be my absentmindedness..until one night my then girlfriend and I watched a stranger walk down the hall and into my bedroom. I went running after him only to find no one there. Nowhere to hide, nowhere to go.

One day I did laundry and a shirt that was a hang dry was left drapped over a chair. When I went to put it up it was gone. One day I opened the ice box and found a sneaker that I had lost a few weeks earlier tucked between the ice cubes.

At 3 Am the front door started knock almost every night. No one there. Would walk back to my bed, and the knocking would start again. No steps going up or down the stairs. No big oak door slamming at the bottom. Just knocking.

One morning I woke up to find the missing shirt laid out on the floor next to my bed, about a month after it went missing.

Lots of footsteps on the hardwood lamp cords swinging. Lights going on and off. The usual spookinessLOL

We had a bent up shower rod that was higher on one end than the other. One evening I was getting ready to go out, and had some friends waiting in the living room. I finished my shower and grabbed my towel, and pushed the shower curtain to the low side of the rod. As I steped out of the shower I heard a swoosh sound. I turned to watch the curtain shoot up to the high end. There is stopped and started to vibrated side to side.

I opened the door backing out and called my friends over, and for the next 5 minutes we all stood there watching it. Crazy! I never took another shower there after dark.

There is mucho more but them is some highlightsLOL freaky place to live I was there for a year.
"It started with noise and voices late at night. Coming from nowhere in particular, but never the room you happened to be in. Over time things in the kitchen would slam down from the shelves. That was exciting.LOL Sometimes the gas would turn on but the pilot lights would be out."

"All this could be my absentmindedness..until one night my then girlfriend and I watched a stranger walk down the hall and into my bedroom. I went running after him only to find no one there. Nowhere to hide, nowhere to go."

Gas on pilot lights off sounds like this thing was trying to kill you partner or maybe you were trying to kill yourself...we are familar with you and fire...LOL...and this stranger walking towards your bedroom...clothes on and you could see the entire body?...what did you do or think when you went back and no one was there?...

Geronimo
Geronimo

January 24th, 2011, 5:39 pm #5

I would have left that place as soon as I found out there was a kinck-knack shop in the same building. Those shops are creepy.

Geronimo
Geronimo

January 24th, 2011, 5:45 pm #6

One of the dog pans showed up...yesterday while feeding I noticed the pan on top of one of the dog boxes...and yes it wasn't there a few days back since I moved all the boxes thinking maybe the dogs pushed the pans under them some how...still missing one pan...

But it has been quiet around here...Petey the pup hasn't been staring down the hall barking for several weeks...damn shame I live such a boring life a ghost can't stand to live here...LOL...
I have two questions for you MH:

1. Could you post a picture of Petey the Pup? I want to see this little dog with a big attitude.
2. Does Petey the Pup make house calls? I may have a hallway for him to bark at.

January 24th, 2011, 6:58 pm #7

Petey the pup is in training...might be a better ghost dog then BF since he's scared to death of the critter...

Mike in NC
Mike in NC

January 24th, 2011, 8:53 pm #8

Remember Eddie Murphy describing the difference the white families and black families concerning hauntings - especially as portrayed in the movies?

It went something like this........

White family enters prospective new home.
Disembodied voice whispers (menacingly) - "GEHHHHT OOOOUUUUUUT"
White husband: (in "whitest", nerdy voice) "Hmmmmmmm...... That's peculiar........"
(family immediately buys home and moves in!)

Black family enters prospective new home.
Black husband: "What a nice neighborhood! Good schools. Nice neighbors. I REALLY like it here!"
Disembodied voice whispers (menacingly) - "GEHHHHHT OOOOUUUUUT"
Black husband: "Sorry baby, but we can't stay here."
(family departs - immediately!)

As it seems you opted to stay FAR beyond the "hint of something not quite right" stage, I must, therefore, deduce (according to Eddie's logic) that you are white.

LOL

-Mike in NC

Arkansan
Arkansan

January 25th, 2011, 2:18 am #9

I love reading this stuff!

Crispy Critter
Crispy Critter

January 25th, 2011, 2:48 am #10

Petey the pup is in training...might be a better ghost dog then BF since he's scared to death of the critter...

NT