Regarding the below topic.

Regarding the below topic.

Rick Tullos
Rick Tullos

November 13th, 2010, 2:35 pm #1

Of the Monsters holing up behind rural homes it would also be reasonable to assume that would during hard times stake out rural BBQ joints and stores to raid their dumpsters maybe?
Most of the evidence points to the fact that these critters are omnivores and as Jim and Bobby have told me numerous times, opportunistic scavengers.
I know that Jim has had as much luck feeding deer carcasses as he has corn.
I know that in my wife's early 20's she used to work at KFC and she told me that they used to throw out a lot of yard bird at the end of the day, so it's reasonable to assume that some of these rural mom and pop shops would too.
I know that businesses like that have problems with coons and bears getting in there so it seems like monsters would too, but the difference is that if the monsters slide open the doors on the dumpster and get what they want and then slide the doors closed when they finish, they could keep hitting a place for a long time and remain undetected.

BTW, on a side note, the sighting in San Antonio last year that I investigated took place during a time that we had been having almost 2 weeks of torrential rains and cold and it was behind some restaurants backed up to a pretty big area of woods.
Food for thought,,pun intended,,LOL.

November 13th, 2010, 4:22 pm #2

I would agree Rick...Monsters are opportunistic...we know this from food plots and deer carcasses...I've thought about hanging game cameras around these local stores but found they haul their trash off daily to the dump about 3/4 of a mile down the road...now with that said there is a man who lives in Keatchie who calls me on occasion said he and his wife have seen a large male, female and youngster just down the road a few miles from the dump site...

Going towards Mansfield there use to be a small rest area, now closed, next to a dump site that I would stop at...usually it was late, after dark and sometimes around midnight...I have on occasion heard some howls and screams that sounded like Monster IMO...

In a small community south of me I have received several reports of sightings close to a dump site..I have stopped and looked around more then several without finding anything significant that made me think Monster...

A few years back I knew a man that drove a dozier at the Mansfield dump...he told me he saw several large bipedal somethings run off late afternoon and early AM...

A woman's son came into the house telling her there were two bears in their trash...their trash pile was over the fence away from the home...she said there were two smaller somethings...one rummaging in the trash and another standing and watching...same home where the dog was attacked by something...the dog was chained to a clothes line pole, a T,...the dog was thrown over the fence, the T post was bent over with the dog cut from his tail to his mouth...one smooth cut...

Just a few of some of the reports I have received concerning trash and dump sites...

November 13th, 2010, 6:04 pm #3

Yes, one of the things we have to do when you live in a semi rural area...I struck up a conversation with the man running the dump...this dump is the one around Mansfield where the rest stop was located...he told me one night while driving home something large, black jumped off an embankment and slapped the hood of his truck...I know the area fairly well...black top road with the road cut down with about six foot embankments in spots...

He also told me he saw four black panthers late afternoon walking in a field next to a creek...I have my doubts about black panthers but do know he may have seen Monsters...this area is where a farm hand, milked cows, was walking back to the dairy at about 2:30 AM to get the cows up and had a group of BF different sizes follow him down the road...he said when he stopped and turned to look, which he did several times, the Monsters would crouch down and make a loot sound...that was the man's last day milking cows...

A man that worked with him told me he saw something large and dark cross Highway 5 below Keatchie one night...he said he didn't know what it was but knew it wasn't anything he had witnessed before...

If you get out and talk to people as I've had over the years you might be surprised at the reports and stories you'll hear...

Nellie
Nellie

November 14th, 2010, 8:05 pm #4

will allow you to place cameras out there you may get lucky and get a picture of a monster. I have looked online for dumps with cameras on them but I haven't had much luck. Now a dump with a live-streaming web cam would be awesome and even more so with viewer-operated panning to scout a wide area looking for monsters.

Dumpster diving monsters remind me of Dan Jackson's encounter. He really should have waited for the monster to drink his spiked juice in a jug before making his presence be known. I wonder if he has had any more encounters? He hasn't posted here in a while now.

November 14th, 2010, 8:39 pm #5

I have to hide them in the woods now since the drilling where before I could hang them anywhere without worry of someone stealing them...dump site would be an invitation to the crooks around here...

Nellie
Nellie

November 15th, 2010, 7:13 am #6

guarding the trash?

November 15th, 2010, 2:53 pm #7

We're fortunate to have rural dump sites let alone security cameras...