Never know what you might find

Never know what you might find

Crispy
Crispy

April 20th, 2011, 3:09 pm #1

April 20th, 2011, 3:35 pm #2

With all the advance technology available it seems unbelieveable...

Terry
Terry

April 20th, 2011, 8:03 pm #3

I've always maintained the bigfoot question will eventually be solved by technology. We have it now but it's either too expensive or it's not available for use on a subject like bf.

t.

April 20th, 2011, 10:42 pm #4

in solving the mystery...It's people in the field that are dedicated...as many web sites, pod casts and programs dedicated to this phenomenon there are few hard core field researchers willing to spend the time...not a weekend a month but darn near on a daily basis...

Everyone that visits a BF forum enjoys talking BF...I'm one those who do but we need more butts in the field and less bullsxxx about hearing a noise, finding tree formations and a possible twist or track...which means and proves absolutely nothing...we have casts tracks, hair samples, some excellent eye witness accounts so what we collectively need to do is figure out a way to either capture a group on film, good clear video or we need to harvest a specimen...

BTW...all the above mentioned are interesting but it doesn't prove a damn thing...

J
J

April 20th, 2011, 11:58 pm #5

It's all in the numbers. We can assume there are hundreds of thousands of people "interested" in BF, they watch the shows like MonsterQuest and keep the ratings up.

Of those hundreds of thousands you can cut that number down to about 1000 that may actually get into the woods to look for a BF.

Of that 1000 clearly 95% of them only want to see or photograph one. They are not prepared or capable of taking a specimen, nor are they inclined to do so.

That leaves the 5%, probably less than 100 individuals that regularly go looking for a BF with the thought to get one. These people are not in the field 24/7, they can only go on weekends and when their jobs allow. The odds of any of them actually taking one is severely reduced when you consider the vast area where a BF could be and the limited ground any of them could cover, in the time allowed. There are thousands of acres to look for BF and the odds that any of these people will be within a mile of a BF is very low.

Add to this the animal itself is being evasive, alluding a chance of exposure to or proximity to any researcher.

All of this brings the odds of anyone intentionally shooting a Bigfoot to zero. The number or chance would be so low as to be nonexistent. Even if you are lucky enough to be in an area where you believe a family of them to exist.

Bigfoot is the safest animal in the woods. No other animal shares the anonymity that this creature affords. A Deer or Turkey has a very limited chance of survival especially during it's season. Any other animal is at risk from other animals and man as well. However, since no one is looking for Bigfoot to any measurable degree, and if it is seen the average person will flee from it, this animal is virtually bulletproof.

Barring an accident or the opportunity of a BF making the mistake of being at the wrong place at the wrong time within gun distance from the wrong person... he walks the woods in full immunity.

Though I support any group or individual who is trying to get one, I fear the odds are simply to low to expect I will see a carcass in my lifetime.

It's possible some new technology may make it possible, but such technology would probably only prove to insure the creatures safety. In other words any such technology that can clearly detect a bigfoot would in itself prove their existence and a body would no longer be necessary. As of this date no technologies exist.

I hold out little hope that one will be shot anytime soon. The one chance occurred a few years ago at monster central and may never occur again. I do hope people continue to try though.

J

MissippiMike
MissippiMike

April 21st, 2011, 2:22 am #6

I am inclined to agree with you J. I hope you are wrong about the chances but I fear you are right. Very well said. Having said that, maybe I can increase the chances juuust a little bit by continuing to get out there!

J
J

April 21st, 2011, 6:37 pm #7

You will never know unless you try. But I think the odds are low. However with that said, anything can happen. It's not impossible, just not likely.

But I support the efforts of those who are willing to go against the odds and make the attempt.

J

April 21st, 2011, 8:03 pm #8

People get involved for one reason or another then discover this is more work, time and expense then thought...it's hard to do field work no matter where you are...flatlanders have thorns and thickets while other regions have mountains not to mention the deserts...today it's in the high 80's and we're still in April which takes the fun out of walking for miles and hours snooping around...not to mention the creeps, crawlies and the blood thirsty swarms of mosquitoes, red bugs, ticks and fleas...

The point...it's easy to give up...why spend the time and money when you can do something else?...

BTW for all who do field research...if you're finding an abundance of snakes in your areas go somewhere else...IMHO and many years in the field...snakes and Monsters don't get along...