Needing help, any investigators in W.Va.???

Needing help, any investigators in W.Va.???

Monty Koontz III
Monty Koontz III

August 7th, 2012, 3:31 am #1

Are there any investigators in West Virginia that would care to make a trip to Lincoln County to look over my place for any sign of BF??? I have seen red eyes shining in the dark on a couple of occaisions, saw a dead calf with its lips eaten off (from a distant, could have had other damage?), heard something very large running down a powerline, and had a few times where I felt I needed to leave my place. Archery season is coming in the last day of Sept. and I want to check my place for any signs that would indicate any BF activity before then.
Last edited by tiny on August 7th, 2012, 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 7th, 2012, 9:38 pm #2

During day light hours go to the property and scout around for sign...carry a gun of choice for critters...take a friend or two or maybe your dog and look things over...if you're a woodsman you'll notice anything unusual especially on property you own or hunted for a period of years...

Oh...one more piece of advice...leave your imagination at home...what if you hadn't heard about a BF?...BTW...what makes you think it was a BF without seeing one?...

I have never seen Monster eyes glow in the dark which also includes all animals without some type of light source...I've haven't had a reliable source tell me they have seen eye shine without some type of light...

Maybe it was a bear(s) or a herd of deer running down the power line right of way?...did you check for tracks?...IMO if it were Monster it would have hit the brush or timber and not run down a high line right of way...

The dead calf...sounds like buzzards , coyotes, dogs or possums beat you to the carcass...

Please come back after your trip and tell us what you have found...

Monty Koontz III
Monty Koontz III

August 8th, 2012, 5:02 am #3

47 years old, and the eyes glowing were doing so when my light hit them. I have been actively hunting and walking these woods since I was young boy. The reason I was wanting an investigator to come take a walk through with me is I am not sure if I am looking for the right clues to come to any conclusion. I have walked through the woods MANY times after dark with a flashlight (and without), and I have NEVER seen eyes that glow red (or more of an orangish-red to be exact).
And the calf kill I thought was unusual because I did not see any blood, guts, nor any other damage done that would suggest coyotes (or any other known animal) had killed it. Besides, the calf in question was at least 400 pounds.
As per the running down the power-line, whatever it was, it was very heavy and it did cut into the woods half-way down the hill. Guess I should have been more elaborate with my details.
And the feelings of unease, those times were not that often, but they were very real. I just want to know what to look for if there is anything on my place that could potentially hurt my 20 year old son or my 16 year old step-son, and that is my only concern.
I had one encounter in the Cranberry Back-Country where a friend and I were walking the two miles back into the South Fork shelter, when all @#$% broke loose and something took off running down over the hill breaking what sounded like MAJOR limbs, trees and laurel. That was very scary, but we went on to the shelter with no other incident. On that trip, it was around 2:30 in the morning and there was snow on the ground and a full moon out and we were walking with our flashlights off.
And in short, I have never seen a Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Monster or whatever people want to call them, but I have seen what I think was a bedding area, have heard screeches that ended in a growl, have seen stick and wood formations and rocks piled up.....many things that I have read of on bigfoot websites, but I have not seen a hairy man-like creature.
Are they real, personally I don't know from having actually seen one, but I HAVE seen and heard things that I do not know what it was.
Later, MontyK3.
Last edited by tiny on August 13th, 2012, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 8th, 2012, 2:39 pm #4

Quite a few of those who call themselves researchers couldn't find a flea on a bald headed man's head...IMO...get a friend and walk the area with you...look for tracks, scuff marks...listen carefully to the different critter sounds and noises...little before dark, around 20 to 15 minutes, the Monsters usually start locating calls...if they bed close to your property you'll hear them...

BTW...many items reported as being done by a Monster can easily be explained...weather plays a large part in tree and limb damage...people stack rocks for reference points, property markers and sometimes to just stack rocks...

A large antlered deer makes a lot of racket when running through brush as will a hog or bear...you need to verify these sounds by locating tracks...hang a few game cameras...make a food plot, hang feeders and monitor closely with your game cameras...after you have established a good food plot walk the areas looking for trails leading into and around your plots...where would Monsters hunt deer?...would they rather randomly find and chase a deer down?...or would it be an easier meal for a Monster(s) to ambush a deer or other animals headed to the food plots?...

As you walk the area take pictures of what you think is unusual...put them up here and let us help...maybe we can or maybe we can't but you have nothing to lose by doing this...

Personally, and I've told my boys this many times, I'll be damned if I let anything run me off of my property...

Monty Koontz III
Monty Koontz III

August 8th, 2012, 3:02 pm #5

And per your last statement, I will not let ANYTHING run me off my property neither.
I will be headed back to the farm Saturday to start cutting downed trees from my hunting spot, and will keep in mind what you have said. If I do find anything, I will post in my next message what I have seen.
I am 80% disabled, so I don't walk the hills and woods as much as I used to, but I will be checking things out for anything unusual. Thanks again for your reply.
Later, MontyK3.
Last edited by tiny on August 8th, 2012, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monty Koontz III
Monty Koontz III

August 8th, 2012, 3:07 pm #6

Quite a few of those who call themselves researchers couldn't find a flea on a bald headed man's head...IMO...get a friend and walk the area with you...look for tracks, scuff marks...listen carefully to the different critter sounds and noises...little before dark, around 20 to 15 minutes, the Monsters usually start locating calls...if they bed close to your property you'll hear them...

BTW...many items reported as being done by a Monster can easily be explained...weather plays a large part in tree and limb damage...people stack rocks for reference points, property markers and sometimes to just stack rocks...

A large antlered deer makes a lot of racket when running through brush as will a hog or bear...you need to verify these sounds by locating tracks...hang a few game cameras...make a food plot, hang feeders and monitor closely with your game cameras...after you have established a good food plot walk the areas looking for trails leading into and around your plots...where would Monsters hunt deer?...would they rather randomly find and chase a deer down?...or would it be an easier meal for a Monster(s) to ambush a deer or other animals headed to the food plots?...

As you walk the area take pictures of what you think is unusual...put them up here and let us help...maybe we can or maybe we can't but you have nothing to lose by doing this...

Personally, and I've told my boys this many times, I'll be damned if I let anything run me off of my property...
And per your last statement, I will not let ANYTHING run me off my property neither.
I will be headed back to the farm Saturday to start cutting downed trees from my hunting spot, and will keep in mind what you have said. If I do find anything, I will post in my next message what I have seen.
I am 80% disabled, so I don't walk the hills and woods as much as I used to, but I will be checking things out for anything unusual. Thanks again for your reply.
Later, MontyK3.

Monty Koontz III
Monty Koontz III

August 8th, 2012, 3:08 pm #7

Later, MontyK3.

August 8th, 2012, 4:55 pm #8

Later, MontyK3.
I have two bad knees and walking long distances is out of the question so I take my time...walk a while...rest the knees a while...takes me twice as long to cover the area I'm interested in but I want to see and hear with my eyes and ears...good luck and keep us posted...

Monty Koontz III
Monty Koontz III

August 12th, 2012, 3:51 am #9

Saw nothing unusual today at my farm (actually it is completely wooded other than my Grandmothers old house seat where she was raised, and the roads, but is no longer an actual working "farm").
Did not really go looking for any sign of BF because my son and I had too many trees to cut out of our
hunting spots, but still did not notice anything out of the usual.
Do any of you think that these BF are migraters??? Every thing that I have seen or heard has been in the fall of the year. Any speculations???
Last edited by tiny on August 12th, 2012, 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.