Messin with the Monsters

Messin with the Monsters

Versatile
Versatile

May 3rd, 2012, 9:23 pm #1

Why not mess with those critters at Ms Shirley's. What would you do.Some say they know what a camera is(at least they avoid that thing) Why not combine a TV with a camera they cannot see. The Kansas Drug Task force has done very well busting druggies by having a working tv on top of another tv that doesn't work with a camera mounted inside. Thus a 19 inch on top of an old 25 inch tv. With one tv on they cannot hear anything the camera is doing.Play the Jungle Book through the working TV with a DVD on the back porch out of the weather.or in a room with a window with no blinds. The apes at the Dallas Zoo supposedly get mad when they watch it and it gets turned off. Also a person might consider the sexual aspect of it all. How many men have thrown caution to the wind and paid dearly for it.How can that be turned into an advantage? Out of ten or more creatures eventually you should get at least one major mistake.

Another of my great ideas. I'll spring for the DVD player and video.

May 4th, 2012, 1:32 am #2

Doug built a few bird looking houses, mounted them up around ten to twelve feet from the ground so at least the cameras will be somewhat concealed...I do like the idea mentioned...may have to change my tactics if this doesn't work...

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

May 4th, 2012, 11:49 am #3

How about digital, sound-activated, audio recorders?

They would only record when there's enough sound to catch (meaning: no listening to 24 hours of wind-blown leaves, bugs, etc. ).

They're small and unobtrusive and might be a great way to pick up monster chatter.

-Mike in NC

Versatile
Versatile

May 4th, 2012, 2:42 pm #4

How about a bait they have to break into to get.Such as maybe that 2 wheel trailer we see in the background of previously posted pictures.. Use a tarp to cover the top if it is open and use chicken wire etc to block off the back opening and to keep the dogs out. No camera at all for them to hear. Use a bait that put's off a natural scent they are already going for such as apples etc.Whatever is common to the area. The bait is placed in say a cream can and they have to break into the trailer and then they reach into the can to get the apples etc and also they are sticking the hand into orange florescent paint or that purple dye they use on bulls when breeding(this bright purple dye is in a bag or something like that and hangs from the bulls neck and when the bull mounts the cow to breed the dye gets on her butt and you know she has been bred. This dye will stay on anything for quite awhile. Maybe they won't stick a hand into the can. Maybe they will just slop it around and dump the can and then possibly splash paint or dye onto themselves or others. Might be better to just use a large sponge soaked in the paint or dye. Partial fill can with apples and then put in the dye sponge and then fill with apples up to the 3/4 full area..
How about just setting dye soaked sponges out on the back porch etc out of dog reach and if they touch it or pick it up they will get dye on their hand or body as they wipe it on themselves or try to taste it.
I remember MH posts about deer carcasses and how they won't touch one with a rope or anything attached to it. We don't want them to have to do anything new so as to arouse suspicion. We want them doing a natural act on there own such as breaking into something to get a treat or meal. They have most likely over the years broken into sheds etc to get at things they smell.I understand that he dye/paint smell might turn away.
Opinions or ideas?

Versatile
Versatile

May 4th, 2012, 5:38 pm #5

Doug built a few bird looking houses, mounted them up around ten to twelve feet from the ground so at least the cameras will be somewhat concealed...I do like the idea mentioned...may have to change my tactics if this doesn't work...
MH; Should you try my idea. I would set it up so they can view from a distance and then eventually reduce the viewing area until they have to come in just as you want them to to see the video thus they have to be in front of the camera to see the video.

May 6th, 2012, 12:26 pm #6

Put several cameras in bird houses but for some strange reason lost one camera power cord and I couldn't find a new one I thought I had in my jeep...we are placing the cameras where she has had sightings, found tracks and heard strange noises...we just moved what I had at the other home hoping the bird houses will conceal the cameras...also painted them flat black to keep them from shining like a new dime...going tomorrow to buy a few more power cords so we can get the other two cameras up and going...