Merry Christmas...

Merry Christmas...

hogue34
hogue34

December 25th, 2010, 8:21 am #1

...to all my fellow believers. Did not see the Big Guy on my route tonight but saw plenty of Santa's scout deer including his 10 point scout Clyde!

RubyRed
RubyRed

December 25th, 2010, 4:38 pm #2

We hope that the jolly fat man had Rudolph with him last night because in some parts of our area, the rain was coming down in buckets. Not complaining, though; we did our Christmas lights looking on Thursday night and live in a neighborhood that is famous for its lighting competition each year (Pecan Grove near Richmond, Texas).

So Happy New Year, too!

FourBy4Squatcher
FourBy4Squatcher

December 26th, 2010, 4:06 am #3

Merry CHRISTmas y'all!!!

Matt & Family.

hogue34
hogue34

December 26th, 2010, 6:36 am #4

We hope that the jolly fat man had Rudolph with him last night because in some parts of our area, the rain was coming down in buckets. Not complaining, though; we did our Christmas lights looking on Thursday night and live in a neighborhood that is famous for its lighting competition each year (Pecan Grove near Richmond, Texas).

So Happy New Year, too!
...we were Ok, got a good little snow but northeast part of state where foothills of Appalachians start has porblems. Alot of roads from Huntsville/Madison County east are closed down until morning.

December 26th, 2010, 1:47 pm #5

I ain't much on snow but we desperately need some rain...I can't remember it ever being this dry here...

RubyRed
RubyRed

December 27th, 2010, 11:49 pm #6

sez that we can blame it on La Nina (not El Nino). That's why the NE and NW and Mid-America are all under several inches of snow and we are warm and dry. Could not believe how New York City looked today on the WeatherChannel!
Happy New Year, y'all

December 28th, 2010, 6:10 pm #7

El Niño is characterized by unusually warm temperatures and La Niña by unusually cool temperatures in the equatorial Pacific.

El Nino Weather

Rain and flooding along the Pacific coast
Warm water disrupts food chain of fish, birds, and sea mammals
Tornadoes and thunderstorms in southern US
Fewer than normal hurricanes in the Atlantic

La Nina Weather

Snow and rain on the west coast
Unusually cold weather in Alaska
Unusually warm weather in the rest of the USA
Drought in the southwest
Higher than normal number of hurricanes in the Atlantic

RubyRed
RubyRed

December 29th, 2010, 5:53 am #8

Especially that unusually large number of Atlantic hurricanes (drat the gosh darn things)!