Just curious

Just curious

travellor
travellor

January 27th, 2011, 1:30 am #1

I have a question for everyone on this board. Who here actually has photographic evidence of some kind of a monster? I understand there are plenty of reasons as to why someone would not post a photo (since unscrupulous bastards would steal it in a heartbeat or said person would be ridiculed) but I am just wondering how many people really have something that they could claim to be one of these critters. I myself do not, but I have felt that ever since those hoaxers from Geogia pulled that bull**** that the whole bigfoot community has been dealt a serious blow to what seemed to be a building national belief that these creatures could exist.
I for one had numerous acquaintances coming up to me and hoping that this could be real. While the average individual would never step forward to state their belief that bigfoot is real, even though they may have had some kind of encounter, there are many out there that wish it was so. They are just afraid of what their friends and companions might say about it if they really said what they think they saw, heard or came in contact with.
So again, I am just curious as to how many individuals have some good evidence that could be considered REAL. Thanks, Travellor

January 27th, 2011, 1:43 am #2

I have several pictures in my hand right now that have Monsters in them...

January 27th, 2011, 2:18 am #3

You really need good clear video...pictures are good enough for me as long as there are comparison pictures along with knowing and talking to the individual...the lady taking the pictures I have is 78 years young...she wasn't thinking BF since a neighbor said she thought she saw a big bear walking bipedal in her yard several years back...she just recently started paying attention for a BF after Steve and I were called down several months back to look at some tracks and investigate a report...

travellor
travellor

January 27th, 2011, 2:40 am #4

Thank you for the response. I am just wondering how many people do have pictures. Of course I understand that pictures can be doctored or photoshopped but I would just like to have some tally as to how many individuals do have some type of photos

chattahoocheebigfoot
chattahoocheebigfoot

January 27th, 2011, 8:41 am #5

I have a question for everyone on this board. Who here actually has photographic evidence of some kind of a monster? I understand there are plenty of reasons as to why someone would not post a photo (since unscrupulous bastards would steal it in a heartbeat or said person would be ridiculed) but I am just wondering how many people really have something that they could claim to be one of these critters. I myself do not, but I have felt that ever since those hoaxers from Geogia pulled that bull**** that the whole bigfoot community has been dealt a serious blow to what seemed to be a building national belief that these creatures could exist.
I for one had numerous acquaintances coming up to me and hoping that this could be real. While the average individual would never step forward to state their belief that bigfoot is real, even though they may have had some kind of encounter, there are many out there that wish it was so. They are just afraid of what their friends and companions might say about it if they really said what they think they saw, heard or came in contact with.
So again, I am just curious as to how many individuals have some good evidence that could be considered REAL. Thanks, Travellor
Yep. Have several. Would I share them openly? No.

Jeff

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

January 27th, 2011, 1:03 pm #6

(This is not meant to be accusatory towards anyone, in any way)

In regarding to persons "holding" pictures of BF (or any other crypto/phenomenon) - my feeling is that this withholding of information does a disservice to the field of cryptozoology.

Sure, people want to be free from public ridicule. So - pictures can always be posted/distributed as coming from an "unknown source" or some similar deflection. Names/locations/dates need not be shared, of course.

If for copyright protection reasons - get the picture copyrighted and then get it out there for people to look at, study, etc.

If it's for financial reasons - well then, get it copyrighted and start selling it and get it out there. If you're not making money off of it, then just what are you waiting for?

If it's because you don't want your blood pressure to skyrocket when some people start picking apart photos - calling them faked/photoshopped/blobsquatches/pixelsquatches/a mis-shapen log/etc - well......people are going to do that, no matter what! So ignore the idiots and look for feedback from thoughtful folks.

Holding pics (to me) is like holding the cure for cancer....... If only one person (or a select group of persons) will ever look at the secret formula, then what does it benefit the world?

If it's the intention that the pictures "being held" won't ever be distributed for any reason - then just burn them. Might as well, or? Will they be released after one's death or will they be destroyed, discarded, lost?

Just what are some people waiting for?

What is the purpose, then, of the multimedia section of GCBRO? Following any logic re: holding back evidence of BF's existence - should any and all pictures posted in the multimedia section be removed, too? (okay, okay, I'm getting sarcastic, but you get the point, right?)

Does it make sense to demand facts, details, and truths from the Patterson/Gimlin group of conspirators while - the same time - withhold "the truth" (in the form of pictures) from anyone/everyone else???

I hope these comments/observations will not be taken in the wrong way and are presented solely in the spirit of debate of the subject.

(besides - it's about "me", and I want to see more pics, too! )

Thanks.

-Mike in NC

January 27th, 2011, 1:10 pm #7

Needs to be done before releasing to the public...I'm a firm believer in sharing but comparison pictures are required and studied by several that knows what they are looking for and seeing...the negatives, which I have, need to be studied...once I feel sure we have exactly what is claimed I'll release a few to this forum...

Mike in NC
Mike in NC

January 27th, 2011, 1:38 pm #8

They were gen'l comments to anyone with pics. Tx for your response, tho, MH! n/t

DonDon
DonDon

January 27th, 2011, 2:30 pm #9

Thank you for the response. I am just wondering how many people do have pictures. Of course I understand that pictures can be doctored or photoshopped but I would just like to have some tally as to how many individuals do have some type of photos
They're not totally clear but you can make out what it is. It's an adult and juvi next to it.

January 27th, 2011, 2:57 pm #10

They were gen'l comments to anyone with pics. Tx for your response, tho, MH! n/t
are afraid of ridicule, not sure what they have while others simply sit on them for unknown reasons...a picture IMO is just that...a picture...a ten to twenty second or longer video would be interesting...not definitive proof but interesting...

Thermal video...though interesting would not be definitive proof...day time video...hard to disprove a good, non shaky day time video...a body...absolute proof...