It's hot and dry...

It's hot and dry...

Timberghost
Timberghost

August 30th, 2010, 1:39 am #1

but I went and switched out game cams anyway today. I went by a area that Sam and I had found a big tee pee last deer season to take a picture of it... It had been tore down and this big X was in it's place...

[/IMG]

I went on to change out the cameras and found this formation that wasn't there when I hung the camera. This cedar had been bowed over and the snag wedged against it at the bottom.. It points directly at my camera where Kathy is standing...

[/IMG]

It was hot but it was good to hit the woods anyway...

August 30th, 2010, 1:25 pm #2

When they make an X formation they make an X formation...I imagine they're thinking...let's find the biggest sxxx we can find and leave this for him...trees stuffed in the ground or bowed over...I've seen quite a few around my cameras but not in the line of the camera...what did you get on your camera?...

Timberghost
Timberghost

August 30th, 2010, 1:55 pm #3

was aiming the other direction

August 30th, 2010, 2:07 pm #4

Mine have always been pointed in the wrong direction as well...

Timberghost
Timberghost

August 30th, 2010, 6:26 pm #5

This was to give folks an idea what they are dealing with. This is by no means an ordinary animal...

They are extremely smart and have a complete grasp of their surroundings... In my experience it's going to be a fluke if someone comes up with a good, clear, up close picture of one of these critters with a game camera. I think the odds are better with a hand held camera and those odds are slim to none...

With that said I think my hands will wrap around a rifle instead, and break out the camera if needed later after the deed is done...

Timberghost
Timberghost

August 30th, 2010, 6:29 pm #6

Mine have always been pointed in the wrong direction as well...
I don't think there is a RIGHT direction... Every time I put a camera out in a good area, it always ends up being moved from BEHIND...

August 30th, 2010, 6:36 pm #7

This was to give folks an idea what they are dealing with. This is by no means an ordinary animal...

They are extremely smart and have a complete grasp of their surroundings... In my experience it's going to be a fluke if someone comes up with a good, clear, up close picture of one of these critters with a game camera. I think the odds are better with a hand held camera and those odds are slim to none...

With that said I think my hands will wrap around a rifle instead, and break out the camera if needed later after the deed is done...
This ain't some dumb monkey strolling around in the woods...Like you I've been hanging cameras since 1993...not much of anything other then common critters...why I still hang cameras is beyond me...I guess I think a Monster will suddenly get stupid...

Besides...much easier to take pictures with the Monster in the back of a truck...

Nellie
Nellie

August 30th, 2010, 8:12 pm #8

When they make an X formation they make an X formation...I imagine they're thinking...let's find the biggest sxxx we can find and leave this for him...trees stuffed in the ground or bowed over...I've seen quite a few around my cameras but not in the line of the camera...what did you get on your camera?...
the bigger the monster?

MissippiMike
MissippiMike

August 30th, 2010, 10:43 pm #9

Wouldn't it be something if after it is all said and done Mr. Sasquatch says," We have been watching ya'll for years. We've tried everything ya'll are doing and found it was a much better life to just get back to nature and run down deer, eat their livers raw. Good luck, peace." They do always seem to be just one or two steps ahead of us, and with a bigger overall stature, bigger brain...just some food for thought. Sometimes it seems like we are chasing our prehensile tails!

DonDon
DonDon

August 31st, 2010, 6:48 pm #10

but I went and switched out game cams anyway today. I went by a area that Sam and I had found a big tee pee last deer season to take a picture of it... It had been tore down and this big X was in it's place...

[/IMG]

I went on to change out the cameras and found this formation that wasn't there when I hung the camera. This cedar had been bowed over and the snag wedged against it at the bottom.. It points directly at my camera where Kathy is standing...

[/IMG]

It was hot but it was good to hit the woods anyway...
but makes sense to point out a camera to their buds with a tree bow so they'll know where it's at. Maybe they were watching you put it out and as soon as you left, they marked the tree so they'd know exactly where it was located. Time to put out a decoy camera facing one direction, then maybe get a smaller camera that's hid in a big limb, stump or in some Shrubs at the base of the tree. Maybe can ever have 2 other cameras aiming out to the sides of where the decoy would be aiming. Just some thoughts. Here's a quick sketch on MS Paint that'll show ya what I'm talking about.
[/IMG]