Introduction

Introduction

Big D
Big D

August 15th, 2012, 10:25 pm #1

Hello all,

My log-in name is Big D. I have been doing field research for about 9 months now with Grumpy as my mentor. He has taught me a world of stuff, more than I could have ever imagined I would learn. I have been interested in Bigfoot research for years, and finally got the opportunity to become active as a field researcher in January of this year. Since then, I have been on several field expeditions with Grumpy, and while not all of them have produced activity, a few have. I have seen wood formation that can only be the result of digital manipulation. Whether they were done by a human or some other creature I can't say as I did not see it happen. However, I will say if a human did it then they were dedicated because all have been well off of the beaten path deep into the woods. I have also heard sounds that I cannot explain. While they may have been similar to sounds of other creatures in nature, they did not sound exactly as they should have, so I consider them to be suspect. Especially when they are close enough for you to hear the wind leave the mouth before the whistle sound is produced. Needless to say, that was a spine tingling moment for me! Grumpy says it was funny, I choose to use the word concerning. At any rate, it has been a great time for me over the past few months.

I am an educated man. I hold a Masters Degree, so I tend to be skeptical of any evidence I see or hear. It is not that I want to disprove evidence, because I would love nothing more than for someone to prove the existence of these creatures. It is simply a matter of credibility. If I support evidence that is not held to the highest standard of scrutiny that I can hold it to, than I loose credibility. And in a field such as this where credibility is all an individual has to encourage other individuals to believe anything they say, credibility is everything. That being said, if I question someone in regards to a post, it is in no way meant to be disrespectful, it is simply my way of putting the evidence to my own personal test. I have a ton to learn about field research. I know this. I have learned a lot from the discussions on this forum, and hope to continue to do so. So if I ask a question that the answer should be obvious to most, please be patient with me. I will get it eventually, it just takes me a little bit of time to get my old mind wrapped around new stuff!

Thanks in advance for you patients,

Big D

August 16th, 2012, 12:46 am #2

Let me further say Big D has taught me a thing or two while in the woods and I depend on him more than he's aware of..... He may be new to field research but he's not new to woods lure, hunting, fishing and he knows every animal, tree and plant here in NW Georgia and has the ability to know which way back to our vehicles whether it's day or night even after a 5+ mile walk, even when my gps doesn't..... He's always alert to his surroundings, especially after dark.... LOL.

August 16th, 2012, 3:26 pm #3

Good to have you aboard...we look forward to hearing about you and the Grumps expeditions...Bob is a good man and you're fortunate he suffers with a few health problems or you more then likely wouldn't hit the woods with the man...keep an open mind and always remember...eliminate all possible causes/animals/birds/weather related before you think Monster...

Once again...welcome and hopefully we can share a camp fire...

Big D
Big D

August 16th, 2012, 4:03 pm #4

I would consider it an honor , Sir.

Sasquatchms
Sasquatchms

August 16th, 2012, 6:11 pm #5

here in mississippi we get together from time to time, hope to see you in the field with us sometimes, and good to have you here, just watch out for all those MONSTERS RUNNING AROUND...joking aside,..welcome, glad to have an educated skeptical guy around

Shewolf
Shewolf

August 16th, 2012, 7:42 pm #6

Hello all,

My log-in name is Big D. I have been doing field research for about 9 months now with Grumpy as my mentor. He has taught me a world of stuff, more than I could have ever imagined I would learn. I have been interested in Bigfoot research for years, and finally got the opportunity to become active as a field researcher in January of this year. Since then, I have been on several field expeditions with Grumpy, and while not all of them have produced activity, a few have. I have seen wood formation that can only be the result of digital manipulation. Whether they were done by a human or some other creature I can't say as I did not see it happen. However, I will say if a human did it then they were dedicated because all have been well off of the beaten path deep into the woods. I have also heard sounds that I cannot explain. While they may have been similar to sounds of other creatures in nature, they did not sound exactly as they should have, so I consider them to be suspect. Especially when they are close enough for you to hear the wind leave the mouth before the whistle sound is produced. Needless to say, that was a spine tingling moment for me! Grumpy says it was funny, I choose to use the word concerning. At any rate, it has been a great time for me over the past few months.

I am an educated man. I hold a Masters Degree, so I tend to be skeptical of any evidence I see or hear. It is not that I want to disprove evidence, because I would love nothing more than for someone to prove the existence of these creatures. It is simply a matter of credibility. If I support evidence that is not held to the highest standard of scrutiny that I can hold it to, than I loose credibility. And in a field such as this where credibility is all an individual has to encourage other individuals to believe anything they say, credibility is everything. That being said, if I question someone in regards to a post, it is in no way meant to be disrespectful, it is simply my way of putting the evidence to my own personal test. I have a ton to learn about field research. I know this. I have learned a lot from the discussions on this forum, and hope to continue to do so. So if I ask a question that the answer should be obvious to most, please be patient with me. I will get it eventually, it just takes me a little bit of time to get my old mind wrapped around new stuff!

Big D
Enjoy your stay and come back often !

Big D
Big D

August 16th, 2012, 9:33 pm #7

here in mississippi we get together from time to time, hope to see you in the field with us sometimes, and good to have you here, just watch out for all those MONSTERS RUNNING AROUND...joking aside,..welcome, glad to have an educated skeptical guy around
Glad to be here. I would love to visit Mississippi and do a little research with your team. Maybe if you are in the West Central Georgia area, me and Grumpy can take you to a few of our favorite spots.

Big D

Big D
Big D

August 16th, 2012, 9:40 pm #8

Enjoy your stay and come back often !
Thanks for the greeting. I plan to stay as long as I am welcomed. As for visiting the forum, I've been here in the shadows for months viewing the different conversations and I must say, I always looked forward to opening it daily and seeing what new and exciting things were going on in the Bigfoot world. I can't see that changing, especially since I am now a registered member.

RubyRed
RubyRed

August 17th, 2012, 2:38 pm #9

Hello all,

Big D
Let me add my word of welcome to you! You will hear some informative and interesting things here, from some great people, who help all they can. Their campfire stories are also down-right interesting and have raised more than one hair on the back of my neck.

DonDon
DonDon

August 17th, 2012, 6:21 pm #10

Hello all,

Big D
If you can hang with that old geezer Grumpy on a walk, you have my full respect LOL