If this is true BP is in even deeper doo-doo.

If this is true BP is in even deeper doo-doo.

Cindy
Cindy

June 22nd, 2010, 5:34 pm #1

http://www.aolnews.com/gulf-oil-spill/a ... n/19524065

Ya'll might have already seen all this stuff on the TV news - but I don't watch it 'cause I work in the evenings.

Crispy Critter
Crispy Critter

June 23rd, 2010, 1:47 am #2

Like 5 different "Official" explanations so far. Two days ago they seemed convinced that a methane gas cloud caused the explosion.

I don't think they will ever know for sure.

Cindy
Cindy

June 23rd, 2010, 3:10 pm #3

On an oil rig there are plenty of sparks. What you need to do is prevent the conditions for an explosion. Had the BOPs been working I expect there wouldn't have been one. The methane would still come out under pressure and would have been shut in by the BOPs had BP not be SO STUPID as to have ignored broken BOP devices.

Also the loggers have a methane detector in their cabin. Had BP already told the loggers to rig down to save on logging rates? What were the loggers doing? The loggers would have known that methane was coming out of the hole. BP should have full knowledge of what was coming out of the hole at any given SECOND. I expect they told the loggers to rig down and go in too soon to save bucks.

Quite honestly, I expect BP has a very good idea, if not definite knowledge, of what caused that explosion. BP seems to have been being incredibly sloppy during that blowout. I would hate to have my husband die in a situation like that. But it would be horrifying to have your husband die because an incredibly rich oil company was trying to shave a few bucks and your loved one died in a horrible way because BP was sloppy.

The general public really has no idea what goes on on a drilling rig. BP can spout all kinds of blather and most of America will just swallow it because they don't understand what actually happens on a rig.

Cindy
Cindy

June 24th, 2010, 2:45 pm #4

Like 5 different "Official" explanations so far. Two days ago they seemed convinced that a methane gas cloud caused the explosion.

I don't think they will ever know for sure.
I forgot you were a fireman and blowed yerself up!

Crispy Critter
Crispy Critter

June 24th, 2010, 3:08 pm #5

But I did blow myself up, and am an expert on sparks...LOL

Sounds like the President is hell bent on shutting down the Gulf.

Cindy
Cindy

June 24th, 2010, 9:26 pm #6

Nellie
Nellie

June 25th, 2010, 5:26 am #7

Seems like he's against alot of things of progress...n/t

Nellie
Nellie

June 25th, 2010, 5:54 am #8

Seems like he's against alot of things of progress...n/t