I need a little prayer said for my son Geordon

I need a little prayer said for my son Geordon

Nellie
Nellie

July 1st, 2012, 9:01 am #1

Geordon and I were out in my 99 Mercury Sable and checking on one of our favorite fishing holes when a Dodge Ram pick-up truck T-boned my car in the passenger side where Geordon was sitting. It blew out my back window and shattered the rest of the windows.My son's face was dripping blood from all over. He had what looked like a large hole over his right eye right below his eyebrow and many other lacerations on his forehead and blood in his mouth and he looked like he was having a seizure...it had to have been the worst thing in my life that has ever happened...here I thought my only son was dying. Oh dear God ...NO! I remember yelling and crying out for someone to call 911. The ambulance got there and they whisked me off to the local hospital...but I found out when I got to the hospital that my son didn't get sent there...they helicoptered him to the nearest trauma hospital. Oh dear God!!! A nightmare began....waiting for some kind of news if he was going to have a head trauma or even be alive yet. My poor husband having to hear this news about his son was almost too much to bear...then he heard my condition...that they may have to keep me overnight...the airbag deploying may have bruised my heart. I wouldn't be home to take care of him...(he's a quadriplegic and I'm his caregiver). My older brother takes care of my mother and has home health for her so he quickly got to work to have a nurse arranged to take care of my husband for me. They put me through everything...chest x-rays because my ribs hurt, they cat scanned my head for possible head trauma and my abdominal area to check on my liver damage. Not to mention all kinds of tests on my heart. My husband meanwhile was trying to find out some news about my son. We finally found out that he was in stable but serious condition in the ICU with forehead lacerations, 6 broken ribs, a broken clavicle bone, punctured lung that collapsed, and broken pelvis. The lacerations were bad to the point that they were waiting for a plastic surgeon to stitch him up. They had to sedate him because he was delirious and uncooperative...trying to pull out the tubes that they were putting in. My poor son! He has a learning disability and he didn't understand what had happened to him...and to make it tougher on me... I couldn't be there to console him. Meanwhile my night was only getting worst...they admitted me into a room that was semi-private with an older lady in the first bed that had a really bad cough and pneumonia, her IV monitor kept sounding off every 20 minutes all night, the nurse never seemed to notice my call light, she had to drag her IV pole with her to the bathroom each time and that made a lot of noise and just when I thought every was going to be quiet and I could possibly doze off her respiratory therapist came in for her treatment. After her treatment she laid there and coughed for a half hour and then the IV monitor started to sound again. About 5 o'clock while she was waiting for the nurse to come back to turn the dang noise off she flipped on the TV. Sometime after that I was able to pass out for 2 and a half hours before the breakfast trays started to get passed out. All this lack of sleep and stress CAN"T be GOOD for your heart....right?
Friends of ours meanwhile went to visit our son the next day and let us know that they woke him up while they were there ...it was nice for him to see familiar faces and he was calmer and let him know what had happened to me and that I would be traveling up to see him with my sister-in-law in her car since mine was now totaled. When my friends got back to town they helped me go over to were they towed my car (I had to get our glasses and some other things left in it)and....OH MY GOSH! I couldn't believe how bad it was...both doors on the passenger side where my son was had been sitting were bashed in over 2 feet and his seat got pushed around towards my side of the car. Well, I gotta go get some sleep now but if I can get the pictures of my car from my friend I will try and post them and all I can say is it has to have been a miracle he even survived the hit but he isn't out of trouble yet...he has to get through this yet some how now. Thank-you for listening and it's great to be home now...But we miss our son not being here. So if you could...say a little prayer for him for us....thanks so much!
Last edited by tiny on August 13th, 2012, 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 1st, 2012, 1:51 pm #2

As tragic as it was at least you and your son survived...be strong and trust in your faith...

zubaz
zubaz

July 1st, 2012, 2:50 pm #3

Geordon and I were out in my 99 Mercury Sable and checking on one of our favorite fishing holes when a Dodge Ram pick-up truck T-boned my car in the passenger side where Geordon was sitting. It blew out my back window and shattered the rest of the windows.My son's face was dripping blood from all over. He had what looked like a large hole over his right eye right below his eyebrow and many other lacerations on his forehead and blood in his mouth and he looked like he was having a seizure...it had to have been the worst thing in my life that has ever happened...here I thought my only son was dying. Oh dear God ...NO! I remember yelling and crying out for someone to call 911. The ambulance got there and they whisked me off to the local hospital...but I found out when I got to the hospital that my son didn't get sent there...they helicoptered him to the nearest trauma hospital. Oh dear God!!! A nightmare began....waiting for some kind of news if he was going to have a head trauma or even be alive yet. My poor husband having to hear this news about his son was almost too much to bear...then he heard my condition...that they may have to keep me overnight...the airbag deploying may have bruised my heart. I wouldn't be home to take care of him...(he's a quadriplegic and I'm his caregiver). My older brother takes care of my mother and has home health for her so he quickly got to work to have a nurse arranged to take care of my husband for me. They put me through everything...chest x-rays because my ribs hurt, they cat scanned my head for possible head trauma and my abdominal area to check on my liver damage. Not to mention all kinds of tests on my heart. My husband meanwhile was trying to find out some news about my son. We finally found out that he was in stable but serious condition in the ICU with forehead lacerations, 6 broken ribs, a broken clavicle bone, punctured lung that collapsed, and broken pelvis. The lacerations were bad to the point that they were waiting for a plastic surgeon to stitch him up. They had to sedate him because he was delirious and uncooperative...trying to pull out the tubes that they were putting in. My poor son! He has a learning disability and he didn't understand what had happened to him...and to make it tougher on me... I couldn't be there to console him. Meanwhile my night was only getting worst...they admitted me into a room that was semi-private with an older lady in the first bed that had a really bad cough and pneumonia, her IV monitor kept sounding off every 20 minutes all night, the nurse never seemed to notice my call light, she had to drag her IV pole with her to the bathroom each time and that made a lot of noise and just when I thought every was going to be quiet and I could possibly doze off her respiratory therapist came in for her treatment. After her treatment she laid there and coughed for a half hour and then the IV monitor started to sound again. About 5 o'clock while she was waiting for the nurse to come back to turn the dang noise off she flipped on the TV. Sometime after that I was able to pass out for 2 and a half hours before the breakfast trays started to get passed out. All this lack of sleep and stress CAN"T be GOOD for your heart....right?
Friends of ours meanwhile went to visit our son the next day and let us know that they woke him up while they were there ...it was nice for him to see familiar faces and he was calmer and let him know what had happened to me and that I would be traveling up to see him with my sister-in-law in her car since mine was now totaled. When my friends got back to town they helped me go over to were they towed my car (I had to get our glasses and some other things left in it)and....OH MY GOSH! I couldn't believe how bad it was...both doors on the passenger side where my son was had been sitting were bashed in over 2 feet and his seat got pushed around towards my side of the car. Well, I gotta go get some sleep now but if I can get the pictures of my car from my friend I will try and post them and all I can say is it has to have been a miracle he even survived the hit but he isn't out of trouble yet...he has to get through this yet some how now. Thank-you for listening and it's great to be home now...But we miss our son not being here. So if you could...say a little prayer for him for us....thanks so much!
I hate to see bad things happen to good people. Empathy and prayers headed your way.

Nellie
Nellie

July 1st, 2012, 7:16 pm #4

according to the news report in the paper. I would like to get another vehicle this time that is a little heavier vehicle possibly a SUV, something higher up than a car with side air bags. Any suggestions on a good vehicle for me. I appreciate all suggestions. Thank you! Love you all.
Last edited by tiny on August 13th, 2012, 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Versatile
Versatile

July 2nd, 2012, 12:54 pm #5

Yes you are in my prayers. Take care.

July 2nd, 2012, 6:36 pm #6

according to the news report in the paper. I would like to get another vehicle this time that is a little heavier vehicle possibly a SUV, something higher up than a car with side air bags. Any suggestions on a good vehicle for me. I appreciate all suggestions. Thank you! Love you all.
I had one years ago Nellie...it's a tank...BTW...Before buying a SUV make sure and do a search on it...they all claim they're the best but some are not anything more than a tin can...

Florida Redneck
Florida Redneck

July 3rd, 2012, 4:58 am #7

I will be praying for your son and you Nellie.

RubyRed
RubyRed

July 6th, 2012, 12:39 pm #8

Healing is coming for you both!

Surveyor
Surveyor

July 10th, 2012, 4:41 am #9

Kim & I will be praying for him as well as for your continued healing! Please keep us informed.
Last edited by tiny on August 13th, 2012, 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.