How smart these critters are.

How smart these critters are.

April 7th, 2012, 3:53 pm #1

I talked to a witness (Very Credible) who had told me that he had these monsters coming up around the back of his house at night so he installed a motion light on his back porch.
Well to make a long story short,a couple of days later, he had a fenced in area where he had some dogs, the dogs would shut up when the monsters came around, but he noticed a stick leaning against his fence.
Not thinking anything of it while he was mowing his yard he just threw the stick away.
Within a couple of days he noticed the stick was back in the same place, this got him to thinking.
So he went out in the back yard that night and right at the point where the stick was is where the motion light activated.
In other words, I believe that they left the stick there in that spot as a marker or boundry to signify for them not to cross.

SMART CRITTERS FO SHO!

KJ
KJ

April 7th, 2012, 4:17 pm #2

Intelligent thinking for sure. Mind if I ask, after the motion light was installed, did it get activated at night at least once? Curious because feel they must have know how far they could come up before lights would come on. Have these animals learned over time by past interactions with other people that when they see anything installed, that wasn't already there, to maintain a certain distance from before?

April 7th, 2012, 5:50 pm #3

I'll have to ask him next time I see him or talk to him, or he may tell you himself because he does visit this forum.

Timberghost
Timberghost

April 7th, 2012, 8:17 pm #4

I talked to a witness (Very Credible) who had told me that he had these monsters coming up around the back of his house at night so he installed a motion light on his back porch.
Well to make a long story short,a couple of days later, he had a fenced in area where he had some dogs, the dogs would shut up when the monsters came around, but he noticed a stick leaning against his fence.
Not thinking anything of it while he was mowing his yard he just threw the stick away.
Within a couple of days he noticed the stick was back in the same place, this got him to thinking.
So he went out in the back yard that night and right at the point where the stick was is where the motion light activated.
In other words, I believe that they left the stick there in that spot as a marker or boundry to signify for them not to cross.

SMART CRITTERS FO SHO!
I change up my motion sensor fairly often to throw them off.. That reminds me I need to do that. The Monsters have been giving me the blues 4 nights in a row now...

April 7th, 2012, 8:56 pm #5

I didn't want to throw your name out there without consulting with you first.
These are some smart rascals, have you considered installing more than one light?
Or maybe running some cable out to a tree with a light and a switch on your end?
Just an idea that I'm sure you have already had.

Timberghost
Timberghost

April 8th, 2012, 1:28 am #6

Motion activated flood lights on the dark side of the house and one behind a shop building. It works to keep them back away from the house (for a little while) if I move the sensor around. The other side of the house has a yard/street light and it doesn't faze them at all but at least I can see them on that side. Light doesn't bother them at all no matter what on those really curious nights they just have to sneak a peek. I couldn't count the times I've seen them looking in the front door at me with the porch light on. They leave quick when they know I've seen them but that's pretty bold if you ask me.