Great flir video

Great flir video

Cindy
Cindy

July 13th, 2010, 3:30 pm #1

Too bad the dog didn't do its job very well
http://blutube.policeone.com/Clip-fs.as ... &overrideC

July 13th, 2010, 3:53 pm #2

Great video, but that dog didn't earn his money that night, looked like he/she was just having fun chasing the bad guy, all the dogs I've seen take em down and keep em down.

Mr. Phelps
Mr. Phelps

July 13th, 2010, 6:24 pm #3

Some departments train their dogs to JUST catch the arm! I don't know if that was the case but grump was right, seemed to being playing more than catching! LOL

July 13th, 2010, 7:40 pm #4

I guess I'm just old school, that dog would have been in big trouble if the bad guy had a weapon of any kind. But then once the bad guy injured the dog the handler could then use lethal force or at least it used to be that way, who knows in the new woosey world.....

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

July 14th, 2010, 3:17 pm #5

Too bad the dog didn't do its job very well
http://blutube.policeone.com/Clip-fs.as ... &overrideC
When the second perp leaves the hot street and reaches a lawn with bushes trees.....is that a mouse or squirrel high-tailing it (pun intended) off to the left of the screen?

....and why was that critter fleeing the police, too? An illegal stash of nuts, perhaps?

-Mike in NC

Cindy
Cindy

July 14th, 2010, 4:55 pm #6

I thought it was a rabbit? Moved like one.

Cindy
Cindy

July 14th, 2010, 5:00 pm #7

I guess I'm just old school, that dog would have been in big trouble if the bad guy had a weapon of any kind. But then once the bad guy injured the dog the handler could then use lethal force or at least it used to be that way, who knows in the new woosey world.....
I think the dog should take down the target and keep him down. A dog can certainly do that with a nice deep arm bite. This dog had only a real shallow bite and looked like it was more interested in chasing than getting a mouth full. The dog HAD the guy at the door and just stopped and watched him go in. Too bad. No fight. They need a good, crazy malinois.

July 14th, 2010, 6:36 pm #8

I thought it was a rabbit? Moved like one.
The dog did a good job as far as arm grabbing but definitely not a take down hold them on the ground...good video that clearly demonstrates flir...