GA Woods

GA Woods

June 27th, 2012, 2:19 pm #1

Heading into the woods today with another researcher for an all-nighter, hopefully things will get active even though it's going to be HOT....... will be looking for bedding areas in the bottoms near a lake.

hogue34
hogue34

June 27th, 2012, 4:32 pm #2

what area?

SAsquatcher
SAsquatcher

June 27th, 2012, 9:10 pm #3

Heading into the woods today with another researcher for an all-nighter, hopefully things will get active even though it's going to be HOT....... will be looking for bedding areas in the bottoms near a lake.
I ope you get some good action!

June 28th, 2012, 4:19 pm #4

what area?
N/T

June 28th, 2012, 4:29 pm #5

A few possible markers, but around 1am we stopped walking maybe 200 yards above the shoreline after crossing a marsh area and after sitting for about 5 minutes we heard a Bionic Bird, I answered and it answered back, then another from a different direction and much lower in tone answered either us or the other, after several exchanges I think it/they figured it was a hairless one screwing with it and all calls stopped. This area is many miles from any residence or road. We hiked about 7 miles of up and downhill hiking.

June 28th, 2012, 5:44 pm #6

And I must say I'm getting old.... my right hip was killing me on the up hill hike back to our vehicles.......

Mr. Phelps
Mr. Phelps

June 28th, 2012, 9:02 pm #7

Hah! Serves you right for the time you dragged me through that unchrted cut-over at monster central that year! LOL Dag monkeys didn't see fit to hike through that stuff!

DonDon
DonDon

June 29th, 2012, 4:51 pm #8

A few possible markers, but around 1am we stopped walking maybe 200 yards above the shoreline after crossing a marsh area and after sitting for about 5 minutes we heard a Bionic Bird, I answered and it answered back, then another from a different direction and much lower in tone answered either us or the other, after several exchanges I think it/they figured it was a hairless one screwing with it and all calls stopped. This area is many miles from any residence or road. We hiked about 7 miles of up and downhill hiking.
just take it easy sand don;t hurt yourself

June 29th, 2012, 6:47 pm #9

Was so exhausted he didn't take any pictures to share...my excuse...I just plum forgot...

Grumpy
Grumpy

June 29th, 2012, 10:00 pm #10

No there was just nothing IMO that we haven't seen before and it was DARK for most of the time we were in the woods...... LOL The date on the stone marker was 1856 and it was an old grave site.