Crazy Ants!

Crazy Ants!

Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf

October 3rd, 2011, 1:48 am #1

October 3rd, 2011, 1:00 pm #2

I heard something about these ants on the radio the other day...if I recall correctly these ants attack and kill the red ants...

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

October 4th, 2011, 3:15 am #3

It seems that if you kill just one, it gives off a scent that warns the rest of the group......and they come to the rescue - even if it means their own demise! Solution.......build an electric grid that kills some....and as the rest appear.....whack the rest.

Just another example of "The Global Economy" destroying the balance of nature.

It seems, somehow, that North America was the "tame" ecosphere - as all other species (recently introduced) overwhelm the native fauna.

From snails to mussels to fish to snakes to kudzu....North America is being over-run (funny how that mirrors illegals from around the world - not just south of the border).

Hmmmm........

-MikeInNC

October 4th, 2011, 1:25 pm #4

none of these experts have seen one let alone killed a beast...so my question...how the hexx do they know?...they don't...more speculation from educated quacks...

SitesFarm
SitesFarm

October 4th, 2011, 1:27 pm #5

I heard something about these ants on the radio the other day...if I recall correctly these ants attack and kill the red ants...
Whoa!

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

October 5th, 2011, 8:07 pm #6

I believe these are the same ants mentioned a year or two ago in articles about how they seem to be attracted to electromagnetic fields.....and end up swarming in home computers and other electronic devices, causing those items to short out. Probably a few get zapped and, as mentioned in recent articles, the rest follow.

Good against fire ants? Apparently so.

Otherwise, they - like most other non-native species - might actually be worse in the long run.

-MikeInNC

October 5th, 2011, 9:10 pm #7

I missed that part...

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

October 6th, 2011, 1:41 am #8

If I remember correctly, Central/South America n/t