Animal Planets...Mermaids...

Animal Planets...Mermaids...

June 1st, 2012, 9:32 pm #1

Yes I did watch the program and yes IMO someone has a vivid imagination...the program was interesting though fiction but who the heck am I to critic any pseudoscience program...I hunt for Bigfoot...did you watch and did you like?...

Doc
Doc

June 3rd, 2012, 1:51 pm #2

I watched in rapt attention after my wife told me that while I was in the woods solo camping in a BF hotspot...that I had "missed the most compelling new research (cryptozoological) yet...with extremely credible rearchers from NOAA". Then (recalling Oliver the Chimp as BF, which MH outed to me) I researched the details to find that "Dr Rebecca Davis was played by Kosha Engler and Dr. Paul Robertston was played by Andre Weisner, and there was no such division of NOAA etc etc etc...

I was extremely upset (that not only did they fool my wife and yours truly but I think it is truly dispicable that they present as a genuine documentary and clearly are HOAXING our kids and its IMO like an ongoing version of Orson Well's War of the Worlds.

I truly wish someone would complain to the FCC or Congress about Animal Planet lying to our impressionable kids (not to mention PhD's Seriously!!

Doc
Doc

June 3rd, 2012, 1:56 pm #3

Yes I did watch the program and yes IMO someone has a vivid imagination...the program was interesting though fiction but who the heck am I to critic any pseudoscience program...I hunt for Bigfoot...did you watch and did you like?...
I watched in rapt attention after my wife told me that while I was in the woods solo camping in a BF hotspot...that I had "missed the most compelling new research (cryptozoological) yet...with extremely credible rearchers from NOAA". Then (recalling Oliver the Chimp as BF, which MH outed to me) I researched the details to find that "Dr Rebecca Davis was played by Kosha Engler and Dr. Paul Robertston was played by Andre Weisner, and there was no such division of NOAA etc etc etc...

I was extremely upset (that not only did they fool my wife and yours truly but I think it is truly dispicable that they present as a genuine documentary and clearly are HOAXING our kids and its IMO like an ongoing version of Orson Well's War of the Worlds.

I truly wish someone would complain to the FCC or Congress about Animal Planet lying to our impressionable kids (not to mention PhD's Seriously!!

June 3rd, 2012, 2:33 pm #4

It did serve as an attention getting "what if"...yes I do agree the program was aired as being research conducted by real scientists, actual events, video of washed up whales along with a mermaid...but...it was mentioned earlier in the program it was Science Fiction...

Some few years back in Dan Diego, CRS at times, there were some beached whales for some odd reason...possibly the beginning story line for Mermaids...

I do agree there should have been more done to label as Science Fiction Doc...certainly was misleading to many of those who watched...the Internet blew up after the program concerning the program and mermaids...hopefully people will understand the program was entertainment...

scott from philly
scott from philly

June 3rd, 2012, 9:00 pm #5

the part of the program that was correct was when they mentioned the government came to conclusion why whales were beaching in so many numbers, was due to navy submarines testing and blasting a new sonar....they agreed to stop, and for most part, mass beachings did also...

was a compelling program, interesting, but at end in small letters they said most was made up