A first for me...

A first for me...

Joined: January 1st, 1970, 12:00 am

February 3rd, 2011, 6:27 pm #1

Just an Opinion....where these Monsters are you'll find few if any snakes...the lady told me since she noticed the Monsters being around she hasn't seen copper heads and moccasins as usual...I do know at MC when it was hot several years back a person would see few if any snakes...

Quote
Like
Share

SAsquatcher
SAsquatcher

February 3rd, 2011, 10:03 pm #2

If the monsters know how to catch them just right (And these monsters have demonstrated time and again that they didn't just fall off the turnip truck!) then that would be a good food source.
Meat is protein and protein is warmth and energy!
Quote
Share

Joined: January 1st, 1970, 12:00 am

February 3rd, 2011, 10:22 pm #3

in all my stumbling around I haven't found a complete snake skeleton...
Quote
Like
Share

Timberghost
Timberghost

February 3rd, 2011, 11:36 pm #4

Just an Opinion....where these Monsters are you'll find few if any snakes...the lady told me since she noticed the Monsters being around she hasn't seen copper heads and moccasins as usual...I do know at MC when it was hot several years back a person would see few if any snakes...

I've lived here for twenty years... One of the first things I noticed was a lack of poisonous snakes which is odd for this country... Since I have lived here I've killed two Copperheads,one Cottonmouth and one Timber Rattler... Should kill 5 times that in one summer..
I started noticing in other areas of activity the lack of poison snakes as well. I see a few Chicken Snakes around from time to time, but hardly ever a poison snake. Maybe the Monsters eat them? Or maybe they just don't like to get snakebites either?
Quote
Share

woodswatcher
woodswatcher

February 4th, 2011, 5:09 am #5


we rarely see a copperhead or any type of rattler on our place. I can count on 1 hand how many i have seen down there. i have never seen a skeleton in the wild.

i did see one of the biggest baddest snakes i have ever seen down there. i think it was an indigo black, it was LONG and big bodied. damn thing looked like a king cobra.
Quote
Share

Chuck L
Chuck L

February 4th, 2011, 9:02 pm #6

I've lived here for twenty years... One of the first things I noticed was a lack of poisonous snakes which is odd for this country... Since I have lived here I've killed two Copperheads,one Cottonmouth and one Timber Rattler... Should kill 5 times that in one summer..
I started noticing in other areas of activity the lack of poison snakes as well. I see a few Chicken Snakes around from time to time, but hardly ever a poison snake. Maybe the Monsters eat them? Or maybe they just don't like to get snakebites either?
Has anybody considered they might just club them to death to protect and prevent their young from stumbling across one. I would imagine a smallish BF would be much more susceptible to snake poison's effects then an adult much as a human child would.

I only thought of this because I don't fart around with poisonous snakes around my property. I run across them in the woods and I leave them alone. In my yard however and they turn into buzzard food.

Just a thought to pass on.
Quote
Share

woodswatcher
woodswatcher

February 8th, 2011, 5:02 am #7

i have never worked on a venimous snake bite on a child. about 14 years old is the youngest i have ever personally worked on. i'd say 90% are over the age of 50- working in flower beds, gardens or carports and drive ways out of maybe 30-40 historical bites.

if they are younger than 50, alcohol is usually involved.

when i was in college, we got most of our venom stock from above ground pools. shoot some gasoline under the pool and all kinds of slithering critters will scatter out.
Quote
Share