Stouffville vs Whitby

Stouffville vs Whitby

April 1st, 2012, 11:23 pm #1

From following the forum and seeing the Spirit in about a dozen games I've got an idea of what to expect from them. Haven't had the opportunity to see the Fury or read much about them. Curious as to what The Expert Panel or Fury insiders have as insight into their ride to the finals.
For now I'm like two of my favorite characters from one of the best movies ever - Butch & Sundance , who had to ask:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIie9OosnEM

Thanks in advance for your input.

April 3rd, 2012, 12:26 am #2

From Yorkregion.com/ERA BANNER

By Jim Mason
Apr 02, 2012 - 7:01 PM

Busy Easter weekend for Spirit, Fury
Stouffville, Whitby in OJHL final

1 Thursday, April 5 - 7:30 @ Stouffville 2 Friday, April 6 - 7:40 @ Whitby 3 Sunday, April 8 - 2:30 @ Stouffville 4 Monday, April 9 - 7:40 @ Whitby Remaining three games to be announced
Stouffville hockey fans can get their fill during the Easter long weekend.
The Stouffviile Spirit and Whitby Fury open the Ontario Junior Hockey League championship series at the Stouffville Arena Thursday night.
Thats the start of four games in five nights, including Easter Sunday afternoon back in Stouffville. The Fury hosts games Good Friday and Monday at Iroquois Park Sports Centre.
The remainder of the best-of-seven is still to be announced.
The winner gets the Frank L. Buckland Cup and a berth in the four-team Dudley Hewitt Cup, the central Canadian championships, in Thunder Bay April 17 to 21.
The Sault St. Marie Thunderbirds lead the Northern Ontario league final 2-0, while the Fort Frances Lakers are up 1-0 on the Wisconsin Wilderness from Spooner, Wis. in the Superior International league final.
The host Thunder Bay North Stars are in automatically.
The Dudley Hewitt champs advance to the RBC Cup national championships, May 5 to 13 in Humboldt, Sask.

April 6th, 2012, 2:50 am #3

From following the forum and seeing the Spirit in about a dozen games I've got an idea of what to expect from them. Haven't had the opportunity to see the Fury or read much about them. Curious as to what The Expert Panel or Fury insiders have as insight into their ride to the finals.
For now I'm like two of my favorite characters from one of the best movies ever - Butch & Sundance , who had to ask:

Doesn't appear to much interest here in The Forum but there was a game tonight.
Prior to the puck drop ,the full house in Stouffville, was treated to the League awards ceremony. Finch accepting the League scoring title award was the only ice time he got. Stouffville's Devin Shore,playing for Whitby, accepted the rookie award & went on to play a solid game for the Fury. Nice to see awards to Georgetown's trainer(of the year)& Whitby's volunteer of the year.
The game was pretty much dominated by the Spirit,especially the 2nd period. Goals by Botten (from Powers) & Powers (from Botten) were pretty set ups with no chance for Feaver. Third goal,high glove, by Powers with a shot from a few feet inside the blue line. Caggiula followed that - low stick side & it was 4-0 late in the 2nd before Shore lugged the puck around behind the Stouffville net to set up Stevens - 4-1 after two.
Savory made it 5-1 midway through the 3rd,taking a stick to the nose & mouth for his troubles & left the game after the goal,leaking badly. Only a two minute penalty on the play??
Whitby had the advantage in the hit department, taking the body at every opportunity. Robinson, on the wrong end of a hit in front of the Whitby bench also didn't return after the 1st.
Great crowd on hand but the place was pretty quiet after the Savory goal.
Special mention to the girl who sang the anthem - and did so beautifully.
I take it the forum experts have taken to the golf course ?? or the Blue Jays. My first time to see the Fury - a team with good size & they hit when they can - will see how that plays out but there's certainly some ice packs being handed out in Spirit dressing room as they celebrate a game 1 victory.

April 6th, 2012, 11:31 am #4

Devin Shore received a double minor for the high stick. Otherwise there would not have been a powerplay

"

April 6th, 2012, 2:53 pm #5

Whitby trap better kick in or with their goaltending, this could be a quick series.

April 6th, 2012, 5:02 pm #6

Lets not underestimate Whitby's coaching.

April 6th, 2012, 9:37 pm #7

Whitby's in over their head in this series. They're lucky Finch isn't able to play. No amount of coaching can turn this baby around. Just goes to show how superior the north division is.

April 6th, 2012, 11:26 pm #8

The Whitby Fury may have been suffering from a little rust not having played in a long while.

Judging from Hanson 's game report. it's a good bet the Fury are investing in some heavy going in hopes the Spirit will wear out after their tortuous run up to this point.

It's clearly the Hodgins plan to get this thing deeper into the series and hope Stouffville runs out of gas.

I said it before and I'll say it again in my preamble piece prior to this series' start. I don't think the Fury can beat the Spirit.

Judging from game one, it looks that way.

sheriff may be right. But then , after Toronto Lakeshore's drubbing and complete domination of Whitby in the only game they won 9-1, Whitby rebounded quite nicely.

We'll see what game two brings.

Stay tuned.

Wayjoy
x?S?8?|??pӡ?@? H???{?qI??Q?_?K??.??R?$mh????2I?p?0b?b?bbq?裖?[`???XGƔ?t?|\r??J}T?

April 7th, 2012, 1:50 am #9

Whitby 4.......Stouffville 2

"Judging from game one, it looks that way. "

I guess we can't judge from one game, can we Wayne?

April 7th, 2012, 1:56 am #10

A little premature aren't we???? You should never base the outcome of a playoff series on one game. Especially with CH behind the bench! Go Fury Go!