FAO SHP

FAO SHP

June 24th, 2012, 5:53 pm #1

Have you seen the latest developments at my club?

Naismith and Whittaker are opposing the TUPE transfer along with McCabe and Aluko.

This is getting worse by the day.

June 24th, 2012, 6:11 pm #2

I have indeed. Thing is I can see no reason why players would be happy to go to the newco unless they had a big love for the club and didn't have many other options. Had a look over on Follow Follow to see the reaction and it was pretty angry. Probably a little understandable but I expected a wee bit more realism. These guys are not contracted to anyone at the minute, this newco haven't even been given a league and to me it looks as though they will be struggling to get a team assembled by league start regardless of where they start out (not saying that as a windup!). Decent chance for okay signing on fees for the likes of Naismith, Davis, Mcgregor etc if they choose to do so. The newco can't afford to pay these players if they are in Division 3.

Green has come out and said they are gonna sue clubs who sign these boys. I think that's staggering tbh!

Like I said the other day, there is pretty much something every day. God knows where this will end up.

June 24th, 2012, 6:15 pm #3

Tonight is the first time I have felt completely despondent. I really, really hoped it wouldn't come to this but it is.

Part of me hopes that it is a poker style play by the players on the word of Walter Smith but I highly doubt that. Whittaker was talking about having new loyalty to the newco but it's not a new club.

It's heartbreaking to say the least. I really can see things going completely tits up from now on (and by that I mean the abyss).

Schaudenfreude will ensure no sympathy from you and I appreciate that but fook me and I hurting just now.

28 years of emotional investment and it's getting washed away by crooks, thieves and charlatans.

June 24th, 2012, 6:17 pm #4

Oh and you have a FF account? You bad man! Hahah. I couldn't brind myself to ever type in the name of one of your fan forums. God no.

Too many obsessive types over on that board just now. I'm on it having a look and knee-jerk reactions ahoy.

It's funny that quite a few of the posters care only about the reaction of Celtic to this. Quite tragic.

June 24th, 2012, 6:22 pm #5

It's not actually my account, my mate gave ma login but I've never posted on it. Just go on from time to time to see a reaction to specific stories. Definitely couldn't go on and have a blether or that!

See, to me, it is a new club. I can understand why fans wouldn't want to accept this but it has happened. Again, not saying this to wind you up!

Think I mentioned it on another thread but I actually do feel sorry for the likes of yourself and a few mates that support Rangers but it doesn't stop me slagging them or, indeed, taking a bit of enjoyment out of the situation. I honestly don't know where it will go for there but I hope criminal charges are brought upon those responsible.

June 24th, 2012, 6:27 pm #6

I think you speak for everyone when you say that. Surely tax evasion is criminal to the point of a custodial sentence? If I robbed £15m from anyone then I'd expect to do time.

I saw you saying that and appreciate it's a unanimous opinion amongst the good fans of your lot that we don't deserve to be put through this.

I have been accused of being a tim about four hundred times on FF just by asking honest questions so you'd have no chance. These people are so paranoid that if McCoist was to post he'd be accused of everything under the sun.

June 24th, 2012, 6:34 pm #7

Ha, I think it's the nature of forums tbh. I go on the Huddleboard and in the main it's great but some of the opinions are fucking wild! For some on there, anyone who doesn't support Celtic is anti-Catholic! Mind you, I think that's Glasgow thinking a touch. Coming from Dundee I can easily see through that shite. Most other fans hate us both.

But aye, I've had many a laugh about Craig Whyte but he's an extremely dodgy character. Him and Murray definitely have some questions to answer.

June 24th, 2012, 6:38 pm #8

Aye, the whole bigoted thing that goes on is pretty mental to be honest with you. I genuinely can't believe that in this day and age people can harbour such horrendous views.

To hate someone because they are of a different faith? Actually a variation of there own supposed faith? I am 90% certain that most people that scream blue or green murder at every turn have no faith at all and just use it as an excuse to villify the opposition. Mind that guy who turned up at Ibrox dressed as the Pope? It's fucking nuts!

People on FF are slaughtering Naismith just now because he clearly isn't a bleached blue blooded hun. It's horrible how fickle they are.

June 24th, 2012, 6:44 pm #9

You are right, basically all the shite has fuck all to do with the religious folk of Scotland. The Catholic Church here and Church of Scotland obviously weren't always on good terms but that's very much of the past. There is a good level of co-operation between the two and when the Pope came he came with a welcome from CoS. The bigotry is getting spread mainly by folk who are essentially just mad cunts who don't have anything to do with religion. No doubt about it, it's one of the most pathetic things about.

June 25th, 2012, 3:14 pm #10

That's 5 clubs said they are voting no for newco to start out in SPL (Inverness, Dundee Utd, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen). Absolutely delighted that this has happened tbh, it was grossly unfair for it to even be on the table imo.

On the plus side Niall it looks like charges may be made against individuals relating to the Whyte takeover.