VAs, THANKS!

VAs, THANKS!

February 7th, 2008, 9:04 pm #1

The FedEx dude just dropped off a pleasant surprise from y'all. Just in time, too, since I've been feeling queasy all week. Ginger ale has always been a good flu remedy for me. Thank you both very much. I hope you're not giving away your whole stash, but maybe you're hungry for another Breakfast by Pat at the Waffle House! Very much appreciated!

February 7th, 2008, 9:42 pm #2

How could I not share with a man who knows the joy that is Blenheim.

I would suggest that you drink it from the bottle no ice or glass. Place a cold one in your freezer for 10 min pop the top and enjoy.

Don't you love the way each bottle is filled to the same level.

VaPhil

February 7th, 2008, 10:53 pm #3

Refreshing, lingering gingery/spicy finish! Thanks again, Phil and Bonnie. Quite a pick-me-up!

February 7th, 2008, 11:08 pm #5

The last time I had ginger beer was on a lobster boat in Manchester, MA. This was in the 70's so I can't recall enough about it to make the comparison. Blenheim does bottle a ginger beer, though, along with a hot version of the ginger ale, a not-so-hot version, and a diet flavor.

February 7th, 2008, 11:15 pm #6

Last edited by schatze311 on February 7th, 2008, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 8th, 2008, 11:14 am #7

Blenheim packs a punch! PC thinks it tastes somewhat like Vernor's, but I hated Vernor's and like Blenheim, so I don't think it tastes that way.

We have one left in our fridge from Phil's last trip and I think I will experiment with his drink-out-of-the-bottle suggestion. I think I've been pouring it into a glass and the bubbles seem to go straight to my lungs! A straw would work, too.

PaulaRat

February 8th, 2008, 2:29 pm #8

I was not raised up on fizzy drinks so I do not care for bubbles in my drinks even champagne. The way I have been consuming my bottles of Blenheim that VaPhil so kindly and generously sent me is to pour it into my beer glass and put it in the frig. Then I drink it straight when the fizz is gone. I use to make a killer homemade ginger beer. Unfortunately I no longer have the recipe.

February 8th, 2008, 8:16 pm #9

How could I not share with a man who knows the joy that is Blenheim.

I would suggest that you drink it from the bottle no ice or glass. Place a cold one in your freezer for 10 min pop the top and enjoy.

Don't you love the way each bottle is filled to the same level.

VaPhil
Phil, I love Ginger Beer & Ale and drink it just the way you suggest.

Taking it out of the bottle does change it.

Reed's Extra Ginger Brew happens to be my personal favorite. Red Cap.

I've had Blenheim, but the white cap. Never even knew a red cap existed!

Bundaberg is good too and I can get it less than a mile away at World Market.
They also just started selling Reed's, but by the single bottle. Oh well, it beats having to trek all the way to Whole Food.

I forget where, but recently I had a Seagram's Ginger Ale somewhere (maybe on a plane) and was surprised how much spicier it was than your regular ginger ale. Have not seen it in the stores tho.

Cop Cop, do you think we could get Martin or Dorignac's to carry Blenheim?
I've had it at Bacchanal (they carry it sporadically) but I never go there anymore now that Chef Pete is not there. Stein's Deli might be another possibility.
Last edited by Isabella..Maja on February 8th, 2008, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 10th, 2008, 10:51 pm #10

The FedEx dude just dropped off a pleasant surprise from y'all. Just in time, too, since I've been feeling queasy all week. Ginger ale has always been a good flu remedy for me. Thank you both very much. I hope you're not giving away your whole stash, but maybe you're hungry for another Breakfast by Pat at the Waffle House! Very much appreciated!
I finished my last bottle last night and sent MrsFury home yesterday with one for THE CONTROLLER. I've spoken with the beverage mgr.s at both Doornack's and Martin Wine Cellar about ordering it for me and they promised they would look into it.

So now I'm sipping Diet Chek Ginger Ale which ain't even close, but still satisfies my occasional ginger ale craving.