Pics from tonite's event

Pics from tonite's event

January 6th, 2008, 6:34 am #1

Shrimp and artichoke cheesecake

Grilled tri-tip on garlic crostini with horseradish aioli

Entrees of Veal Osso Bucco with Polenta and hericot verts

My 2 helpers. The few kids that were at the party tonite loved them

Long rainy drive. I am glad to be home. I am wiped.

January 6th, 2008, 1:17 pm #2

That is my kind of cheesecake.

Looks beautiful.

I've been seeing your weather on the TV. Here's wishing you a sunny day!

PaulaRat

January 6th, 2008, 1:23 pm #3

Last edited by misriveria on January 6th, 2008, 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 6th, 2008, 1:27 pm #4

Was this a private party or a big do?  How do you make that horseradish aioli?

January 6th, 2008, 6:13 pm #5

I don't know about seafood cheesecake. I'm scared of that. And those are green beans not haricot verts. I see that you have not changed Mr. Toast's appearance yet. Where are the pics of you and your buds after a few cocktails? I always love those.

January 6th, 2008, 6:20 pm #6

Was this a private party or a big do?  How do you make that horseradish aioli?
Barb, if you know how to make mayo from scratch just add horseradish to your personal taste. I will be happy to post my recipe if you would like. OR, you can just put a good heavy prepared mayonnaise in a blender or food processor and add horseradish.

This event was a seated dinner (private party) for the district manager of sanofi-aventis. I do a lot of pharmaceutical lunches for that company and this woman is the big wig for the bay area. It was her mother's 80th surprise b.d. party. Only 24 people. Nice and cozy. It was in San Ramon (East Bay) about 1.5 hours from here.

She is taking me to dinner next week to talk about me catering lunches and events in SF. What a new and large market. I will have to find a courier to deliver until I get acclimated to the city.

January 6th, 2008, 6:33 pm #7

I don't know about seafood cheesecake. I'm scared of that. And those are green beans not haricot verts. I see that you have not changed Mr. Toast's appearance yet. Where are the pics of you and your buds after a few cocktails? I always love those.

Regarding the "green beans", I ordered a case of haricot verts for the rehearsal party and wedding. They are haricot verts. They aren't as thick in circumference as green beans however they did look a little large for haricots.

I haven't had a chance to do the sharpee eyebrows for Mr. Toast.

No drinking pics. Ronald-one of the reps I do lunches for helped me last nite and we didn't drink. Too long of a drive and it has been storming. Not a good combo. I didn't want to drink b/c I have to finish a lot of paperwork today and menus so I can get my website up yada yada.

BUT- tomorrow nite for the LSU game, Julie said there is a bay area LSU alumni assoc called the bay area tigers. They are watching the game tomorrow nite at a sports bar and Julie, Cherie and I are supposed to go. I hope to go but we are supposed to get another storm on Tuesday. Bad bad weather here. Trees, powerlines down. We had hurricane force winds the other day. My screens are all bent and hanging.
SO- if I do go to SF to watch the game, I will have drinking pics with my 2 yat friends and a lot of LSU alum.

January 6th, 2008, 6:34 pm #8

Jesus, I am drooling here!

January 6th, 2008, 6:37 pm #9

are huge out here. Thanks, mis.

January 6th, 2008, 6:52 pm #10

It is awesome. No worries about the seafood in it. People went nuts over it. Just a savory cheesecake.

Regarding the "green beans", I ordered a case of haricot verts for the rehearsal party and wedding. They are haricot verts. They aren't as thick in circumference as green beans however they did look a little large for haricots.

I haven't had a chance to do the sharpee eyebrows for Mr. Toast.

No drinking pics. Ronald-one of the reps I do lunches for helped me last nite and we didn't drink. Too long of a drive and it has been storming. Not a good combo. I didn't want to drink b/c I have to finish a lot of paperwork today and menus so I can get my website up yada yada.

BUT- tomorrow nite for the LSU game, Julie said there is a bay area LSU alumni assoc called the bay area tigers. They are watching the game tomorrow nite at a sports bar and Julie, Cherie and I are supposed to go. I hope to go but we are supposed to get another storm on Tuesday. Bad bad weather here. Trees, powerlines down. We had hurricane force winds the other day. My screens are all bent and hanging.
SO- if I do go to SF to watch the game, I will have drinking pics with my 2 yat friends and a lot of LSU alum.
The Taste Buds (Gary, Greg and Hans) ran out of green beans when we went to Zea Saturday. Mrs. Fury was very disturbed!

Last edited by Cop_Cop on January 6th, 2008, 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.