Blatant Plug

Blatant Plug

March 20th, 2008, 4:20 pm #1

Watch our new commerical on the website. Located in Lake Charles

http://www.pujostreet.com/commercial.htm

March 20th, 2008, 11:14 pm #2

Many times those locally produced commercials are just awful!

PaulaRat

March 21st, 2008, 1:37 am #3

Made by Suddenlink cable people or as I call them Finally-a-link.

March 21st, 2008, 4:57 am #4

Watch our new commerical on the website. Located in Lake Charles

http://www.pujostreet.com/commercial.htm
Those oysters are still calling my name. Excellent commercial, but you might be in trouble if Cotten's starts running the $1 burger commercial again--the "I guess that makes me a princess" girl is in her 20's now, I think, late 20's if I'm not mistaken, but that commercial went for years. I guess Cotten's is still rebuilding after the fire. I'm sure we'll all hear when they reopen. For Orleanians: Cotten's is a burger institution. When they had a fire, it was the lead story on the 5 and 6 o'clock news.

March 21st, 2008, 10:12 am #5

Where was it?

PaulaRat

March 21st, 2008, 2:00 pm #6

A man who use to work for Colonial Inn opened it years ago. It is on Oak Park Blvd east of the hospital. They do hamburgers, old fashions (grilled onions) and egg burgers (fried egg on top of the patty). Several weeks ago they had a kitchen fire.

March 21st, 2008, 2:18 pm #7

Where was it?

PaulaRat
It's on the corner of Oak Park and 4th Avenue. The Literacy Council used to be in the building right behind it on 4th Ave. before moving to the present location. Those fine women used to complain about the weight they gained when it was so close....

The owner's daughter starred in a commercial when she was about 8 years old, and all dressed up in what we used to call playing lady clothes. The premise was that she only had $2 to take her date, Jason, to dinner. Where could they go? "Cotten's Famous Hamburgers, of course!" Then she goes on to say that "Papa is the King of the Grill," so..."That must make me a princess." Can you tell they ran it for years? She went to high school with Lil Towanda!, who said that by her teen years (when it was still running strong) the poor girl was mortified.

Just poking a little fun, Arthur. Pujo St. ad really is excellent. And next month there will be a Pujo St. oyster-worthy event in my life. Look out.
Last edited by nsholld on March 21st, 2008, 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.