Changing cam belt

Changing cam belt

Steve VB
Steve VB

June 6th, 2011, 1:07 pm #1

Just bought 1.2 80sx 16v Bravo on a T plate which has done just over 74'000. Looking to get a service and possible cam belt change. Do I just change the belt or is it wise to go with a kit and change pulleys etc. Seems a low mileage for the year. I'd be inclined just to go with a bely. Any thoughts??

June 6th, 2011, 1:15 pm #2

Go for the job lot pal... rest assured then that the water pump and tensionors wont be failing.

June 7th, 2011, 1:03 pm #3

Just bought 1.2 80sx 16v Bravo on a T plate which has done just over 74'000. Looking to get a service and possible cam belt change. Do I just change the belt or is it wise to go with a kit and change pulleys etc. Seems a low mileage for the year. I'd be inclined just to go with a bely. Any thoughts??
You will need the cam locking tools for the belt change. I have some you can borrow

Steve VB
Steve VB

June 10th, 2011, 10:18 pm #4

Thanks for that. Whereabouts are you?

June 11th, 2011, 7:24 pm #5

Sorry for the delay in answering, I live in Barnsley, South Yorkshire. Posting will not be a problem if its to far away

Steve VB
Steve VB

June 14th, 2011, 10:13 pm #6

Many thanks.

My address is:

6 Heyhouses Court
Heyhouses Lane
Lytham St Annes
Lancs,FY8 3RF

Steve Van-Breemen

Ant Wells
Ant Wells

June 15th, 2011, 12:31 am #7

Ahh lythm st annes! Myself and mike are from blackpool and there's a couple people on here from north west

June 15th, 2011, 10:01 am #8

Ok, got that, I will just send one locking tool as you only need to lock the exhaust camshaft. You will also need 4 pieces of dowel rod about 10" long !/4" will do. And a straight edge to align the pistons in the middle of the bore.Will get it out today

axle
axle

June 15th, 2011, 11:01 am #9

Ok posted, You should get it friday or saturday

Steve VB
Steve VB

June 16th, 2011, 3:26 pm #10

Many thanks for that. On the top right of the rocker cover there's an inlet rubber pipe with metal end which slots into top of rocker. Doesn't appear to be a tight fit and is leaking a little oil as a result.
Any ideas how to keep it snug, was thinking of wrapping the metal hose end of it in a rubber glove finger.