Peterborough Festival

Peterborough Festival

Kawartha Pete
Kawartha Pete

June 12th, 2012, 5:15 pm #1

Peterborough does not allow out of town teams but I had a chance to paddle with my sister's team this past Saturday and this is one of the best run events I've ever been to. 94 teams. About half a dozen of the top local teams are pretty decent and I would say B or C division quality at at the island or Ottawa. Next year I want to put in an entry from a local business and get a team together. Would anyone be interested?

anan
anan

June 22nd, 2012, 2:16 am #2

I'm sorry to hear that they don't allow out-of-town teams. When i looked at info about it, it sounded like fun.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 22nd, 2012, 1:48 pm #3

Peterborough does not allow out of town teams but I had a chance to paddle with my sister's team this past Saturday and this is one of the best run events I've ever been to. 94 teams. About half a dozen of the top local teams are pretty decent and I would say B or C division quality at at the island or Ottawa. Next year I want to put in an entry from a local business and get a team together. Would anyone be interested?
94 Peterborough only teams? Sounds like a lot more drinking rather than paddling went on that weekend.

Kawartha Pete
Kawartha Pete

June 22nd, 2012, 8:35 pm #4

There was no beer tent and I didn't see any drinking. The event ran like clockwork. They announced $271,000 had been raised for the local hospital at the end of the day and total over past years over $1 million. A really great dragon boat story that many of us don't realize because we're not invited.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 23rd, 2012, 1:39 am #5

Sounds like they're just fine. Leave them alone.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 23rd, 2012, 10:33 am #6

If you're not invited, maybe thats why it runs so well :D