Calgary Race off

Calgary Race off

George
George

August 4th, 2007, 8:55 pm #1

I see there are many teams from eastern and central Canada going out to Calgary to win a berth. How do you think these teams will rank vs the strong Western squads like False Creek and Gorging?

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 4th, 2007, 9:11 pm #2

depends who's going. Where's the list?

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 4th, 2007, 9:34 pm #3

I see there are many teams from eastern and central Canada going out to Calgary to win a berth. How do you think these teams will rank vs the strong Western squads like False Creek and Gorging?
It will be a battle for the top 3 .The FCRCC crew is mainly the B crew as the A crew is apparantly staying in Vancouver training to get ready for Australia but still will no doubt they will be strong . The Masters look strong and gave FCRCC a run for the money in Richmond winning the first 2 heats but they are also just going for the senior ccw spot and a chance for the top 3 in the Canadian Club Crew .Pacific Reach has pulled in some of their old crew members & gone outside to help out because they did not do so well in Alcan and ended up in the B division .Gorging will do better then they did in Vernon as they lost control of their boat numerous times because they were not used the the dreaded Dynasty boats .Without Warning will be somewhere in the pack but not sure they will make it into the top 3 .The Imperial Dragons are to show and I think they should do ok and the Piranha's ( spelling ) as well ....have a feeling they entered just to hopefully grab 1 of the remaining spots because they didn't feel they had a chance in their own divisions . Calgary Race club will also be there but somewhere towards the back of the pack,not enough experience and a new crew .Pond Scum from Sask has jumped in as well but they will end up back of the pack and entered as a seniors crew to go up against the Masters who more than likely will dominte them .I think they are just hoping to grab a leftover spot after its all over .Para huti & Yahoo ( are they entered )will be back of the pack,not enough strength to go against the Vancouver teams & TO teams

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 5th, 2007, 2:01 pm #4

I see a team from Sudbury on the list. Who are they?

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 5th, 2007, 4:28 pm #5

newbie!

Enquiring Mind
Enquiring Mind

August 5th, 2007, 10:46 pm #6

Do the premiere teams need to wear them? And if so, will the officials allow racers to wear the inflating type?

EM

Stephanie
Stephanie

August 6th, 2007, 1:05 am #7

The Sudbury teams are the Chiros'... the placed 3rd behind Mayfair and GG's in the central race off. Who knows how they will race next to the western teams. They did beat the imps and pyranas (spelling) in To.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 6th, 2007, 1:17 am #8

In the WCC's you do not need a PFD but not sure about the Canadian national club crews since it is new

Kerry
Kerry

August 6th, 2007, 11:52 pm #9

Sudbury was surprisingly strong in Toronto... THey might represent the central region well... They always seem to pull something out of their hats

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 7th, 2007, 12:29 am #10

ok - good luck in Calgary Kerry!