Wedding Question

AnonoPajama
AnonoPajama

May 21st, 2012, 3:01 pm #21

Not angry. I think a wedding, but it's very nature and description, is about the couple. That's all.

I've been to both kinds. Yes, I preferred the child-free ones. Not a fan of the baby crying during ceremony, nor the kids sliding around the dance floor making folks have to watch out for grandma falling. Just an opinion. Doesn't make me a child hater. They're perfectly fine in their natural habitat.

May 21st, 2012, 3:06 pm #22

"We come together to celebrate the union of these two individuals, these two families, these two lives..."

"And you, the members of the congregation, do you promise to support this couple..."

AnonoPajama
AnonoPajama

May 21st, 2012, 3:20 pm #23

Good god. I know you can beat something to death, but seriously?

Anny had to put a sleeper hold on some brat. Case, rested.

Homer
Homer

May 21st, 2012, 3:23 pm #24

Wait - so a couple has to include children or risk cousins not showing up?

Why did no one tell me this when I got married? I didn't want to feed half those idiots anyway.

May 21st, 2012, 3:32 pm #25

Are you guys incapable of discussing something without resorting to insults? So weird.

You said that your definition of the event meant that it was about the couple. I offered a rejoinder.

I'm open to being convinced otherwise - but so far nothing I've heard dissuades me. Certainly not the insults.

AnonoPajama
AnonoPajama

May 21st, 2012, 3:40 pm #26

What insults? Are you kidding?

You're nitpicking a point with vows you made up. You think the congregation minds that you left that 2 year old with your mother in law? They don't. Well, maybe the other ones that are pouting about not being able to bring Rex, Jr. to an event Rex, Jr. couldn't care less about. You're acting as it it's wrong to not invite children. It's not. Just like any other event, it's up to the discretion of the host. Right? Right. You stating over and over again that it's all about the beauty of family doesn't change that.

Didn't you elope and then throw a party? So, no $8,000 dress. No filet mignon and dover sole. No giant reception hall. You did what worked for you. Great! I choose not to have them at mine. So? Only people that are getting their panties knotted are the ones that seen to feel it should be all about them instead of what? The people getting married.

May 21st, 2012, 3:42 pm #27

Wow!

You are not right about my past, but the hell if I'm gonna fill you in.

AnonoPajama
AnonoPajama

May 21st, 2012, 3:46 pm #28

In other words, I'm right and you're wrong and nanny nanny boo boo.

You published information about it here, on the internet, in a public forum, where millions of people could randomly click if they were searching for Hello Kitty or how awesome an Arwen is. Nobody's stalking you.

May 21st, 2012, 3:48 pm #29

?? What are you talking about? I just said your facts are wrong? Geeze, get a grip!

'neady
'neady

May 21st, 2012, 4:00 pm #30

This? A good idea. Congrats.
Kids do like weddings. They get to run around and play with other kids they know or just met. I was never bored at a wedding when I was little.
Now that I'm older I'm glad when I attend an adults only wedding. That's a night off for me and B to whoop it up!

I just found out yesterday that B and I aren't invited to his buddy's wedding (at his girlfriend's demand). Soooo glad! I really didn't want to go that wedding and when B told me the news a huge dread was lifted.