The next must see movie?

The next must see movie?

September 12th, 2010, 2:29 pm #1

Now Facebook "The movie" some to be followed by Myspace "the Movie"...

Bueller?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Website below... kinda funky

Social Network

Dante Bean
Dante Bean

September 12th, 2010, 6:11 pm #2

Yes I'm very excited to see this, but The Town comes first.

Odd Todd
Odd Todd

September 12th, 2010, 9:43 pm #3

Social Network is I guess next biggie... But what's even close to winning an oscar so far?

Dante Bean
Dante Bean

September 13th, 2010, 7:17 am #4

Early buzz says Social Network is a lock in the best picture department.

I say Inception is too. Not only because it was friggin great, but with ten spots to fill (still dumb) and the fact that the 10 nomination change was basically because of The Dark Knight snub, I say it's a lock. I'll also put DiCaprio in the maybe pile for actor too. Two strong lead performances in two well received (critically and commercially) flicks from two acclaimed directors. One or the other.

Really hope Duvall gets recognized for Get Low too.

Mr. Ambulance Driver
Mr. Ambulance Driver

September 14th, 2010, 9:56 pm #5

I want to see that Joaquin Phoenix doc and The Virginity Hit is supposed to be above averageness. The Social Network should be great

sarah
sarah

September 15th, 2010, 12:32 am #6

all these movies look like crap. I wish a nice adventure film was coming out...and i want it to be funny tooo!!!! gosh darn it!

Dante Bean
Dante Bean

September 15th, 2010, 1:24 am #7

Avoid I'm Still Here. It offers no answers, but that's probably more because it's so dull you won't care to have any questions.

September 15th, 2010, 10:56 pm #8

Agree with Duval nod.

Inception will take a few trophies.

Toy Story3.

Oddly enough... I find myself curious to see The "I'm still here" viral thingee

Here some previews... clips kinda funny

HERE AT AB PHUCKING -- C

Last edited by noyeser on September 15th, 2010, 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 22nd, 2010, 1:18 am #9

I'm a professional nerd, a friggin UNIX Admin (you don't get more nerdy) and I'm just tired of people sensationalizing the profession. It's like people who design websites are Rambo, Charlie Sheen and the guy from sword fish all wrapped up into one. It just ain't happening, making facebook was ridiculously boring up until it was sold for an F-Ton of money. IT is boring plain and simple the movies about them are 99% BS.

Dante Bean
Dante Bean

September 22nd, 2010, 6:40 am #10

I think you are letting insider bias jade you on this. Apparently early word is that it is insanely entertaining and not boring at all. It's not like it's two hours of some kid typing code either. The legal turmoil here is entertaining because of this specific case.

I also think that Facebook itself is inherently more entertaining. You're trivializing it a bit. It isn't just any website. Some kid that put up a message board for his buddies. It's (as I understand it) the second most popular website in the history of the internet. Facebook itself, like it or not, is completely ingrained in today's culture. That may sound silly, but it is absolutely true whether the haters want to admit it or not. Something like one in twelve people on this planet have an account, and that's pretty mind boggling, and that's why it'll lend itself to a more entertaining movie than one about the guy who invented wilcobase.com