Snow white and the Huntsman

Snow white and the Huntsman

MEbossyouNOT
MEbossyouNOT

March 18th, 2012, 3:51 pm #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH9Ujjis ... detailpage

So far this is my favorite recent trailer. This movie could be really good or terrible. With all the success of the grittier, darker comic book movies, I'm suprised grittier, darker fairy tale movies aren't attracting more talented directors yet. That red riding hood movie was terribly done. These stories if done right could really be the next big thing. Somebody needs to utilize the Brothers Grimm in Hollywood. This snow white movie looks like it could pull it off. Then after that I want to see a dark version of cinderella, sleeping beauty, peter pan and especially Hansel and Gretel one of the most effectively frightening horror stories ever written imo. Child abduction and cannibalism? How could that not work?

The closest thing I've seen to a movie being faithful to the underlying darkness of original fairy tales was Pan's Labyrinth. But it doesn't have to be scary it can be epic like Carlo Collodi's pinnochio if its done in a Forrest Gump meets Homer's Odyssey kind of way (and no A.I. artificial intelligence don't count)

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 17th, 2012, 11:23 pm #2

Beautiful looking movie.

Looks kinda scary for your typical "Snow White" demographic though.

Smirk
Smirk

April 18th, 2012, 2:22 pm #3

This does have a different ending with her succeeding in killing Kristen Stewart, right?

Because Ms. Stewart will never be fairer than Theron. Never, I say!

I understand they need to attract the youngins' but it honestly seems to me that just by having her wooden-ass in it, they've ruined what looks to be an otherwise pretty great movie.

Sad really. Imagine Nolan casting Stewart as Cat Woman in the upcoming Dark Knight movie just to get 16 year old asses in the theatre?

Can't wait 'til she's finally relegated to the Lifetime channel where she belongs. Enjoy the next few years while they last, Stewart.

April 24th, 2012, 2:26 am #4

as marketing will have it, obviously:

"Shopping television network HSN has partnered with Universal Pictures to create a marketing partnership that will bring upcoming film Snow White and the Huntsman to the jewelry retail landscape." (april 14, 2012)

And uhmm... I kinda want THIS!!

Although? Seriously? I have no where in my life to wear it nor would I spend the money to purchase it. Still.....

Here's the link:
http://thelook.today.msnbc.msn.com/_new ... lines?lite

ETA: Available June 1 for those shopping for a girl! :D
Last edited by AnnyBoo on April 24th, 2012, 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

smirk
smirk

April 24th, 2012, 2:00 pm #5

That's actually kinda cool. I'm trying to think of another movie that has "inspired" a product line that even people who don't care about the movie would buy...

Anny
Anny

April 24th, 2012, 4:43 pm #6

I couldn't really think of one either, Smirk. I mean, sure there are the movies that get merchandized to death targeting kids. But nothing I can think of like this.

Ttg
Ttg

April 24th, 2012, 6:38 pm #7

Didnt they do some kind of jewelry for titanic?

April 24th, 2012, 7:50 pm #8

Wow! you're right, Ttg. Glad I missed it

http://www.jtv.com/Jewelry/2,default,sc ... lection&q=

Ttg
Ttg

April 25th, 2012, 3:19 am #9

I'm so proud....

June 3rd, 2012, 3:03 am #10

M'lady wanted to go to this this evening so I took her.

Theron is the centerpiece of this movie and the only reason to see it. She does "horrible scary bitch" well. Little Known Trivia Fact: For authenticity, at her insistence, all of the Theron's scenes were filmed over a period of a few months only during the times when she had PMS - and it shows!

Honestly, there wasn't a lot here for me, but then the movie wasn't targeted to me. Mrs. seemed to enjoy it enough and will probably watch it again when it hits the home screen. Some of the visuals and creatures, particularly in fairyland were quite imaginative and fun to look at - I would even say Avatar-esque as far as going for a sense of wonder in the invention of flora and fauna to gaze upon.

Ian McShane turning up as a dwarf was a surprise too, but really didn't add a whole lot when all was said and done.

Kristen Stewart, as I knew she would, got on my last nerve with her one note acting, and the plot involving two guys who could do way better lusting after her once again made me roll my eyes just like Twilight. It was really great when she fucking died - but then she woke up again to make things suck some more. I will say, she really tried to hit a second note there for a second when she tried to stare down Theron during the climax - but was unsuccessful - still just the one-note performance. God, I can't wait 'til she gets old and disappears onto Lifetime like the old 90210 cast.