September vacation

September vacation

July 29th, 2012, 7:07 pm #1

Hey bored!

Kohsdude and I are talking about WHERE we want to go for a early-Fall vacation. (We kinda missed the Summer vacation thing...too hot...)

We haven't traveled as much as some of you have, and want some advice.

--- We're thinking very early September... so less than 6 weeks away.
--- We're open to ANYWHERE...ON EARTH. (almost.)

Where would you go, or go AGAIN, if you were traveling in September?

...my distance isn't because of a lack of caring. It's because I really do want to focus on a happy ending...
--- tOdd

Last edited by Kohsblocks on July 29th, 2012, 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

...my distance isn't because of a lack of caring. It's because I really do want to focus on a happy ending...
--- tOdd

July 29th, 2012, 8:17 pm #2

It's the cheapest time of year to go to Cancun, but there's also the best chance or hurricaines.  Also really cheap to fly there from Texas. What kind of vacation did you have in mind?  Sitting on the beach sipping umbrella drinks vacation, or something else?
<i>Emokid is throwing slomo dove at my face, I guess that means he flipped me the bird</i>

July 29th, 2012, 8:25 pm #3

On Earth? That's a tall order. I would totally go to Italy again.

July 29th, 2012, 8:30 pm #4

Here's some places I've been looking at.  These are all all inclusive (food, airfaire, drinks, alcohol, all included)

Dominican Republic

http://www.cheapcaribbean.com/resorts/D ... /3041.html

Playa Del Carmen (my boss just got back from here and said it was outstanding.  He goes every year)

http://www.cheapcaribbean.com/resorts/R ... /3136.html

Grenada

http://www.cheapcaribbean.com/resorts/G ... kingType=H

<i>Emokid is throwing slomo dove at my face, I guess that means he flipped me the bird</i>

July 29th, 2012, 9:36 pm #5

Hey bored!

Kohsdude and I are talking about WHERE we want to go for a early-Fall vacation. (We kinda missed the Summer vacation thing...too hot...)

We haven't traveled as much as some of you have, and want some advice.

--- We're thinking very early September... so less than 6 weeks away.
--- We're open to ANYWHERE...ON EARTH. (almost.)

Where would you go, or go AGAIN, if you were traveling in September?

--- tOdd

The last time I was in Italy was in Sept and I would definitely go back at that time.

No longer the height of tourist season so you don't have to deal with as many crowds and lineups but attractions and things are still open. Not as hot as the middle of summer but the weather is still very nice.

I would save the tropical destinations for when the weather is really shitty here (like March) but I guess that's not as much of an issue when you live somewhere where the weather is pretty much nice all the time - by Canadian standards anyway

A Citizen
A Citizen

July 29th, 2012, 10:28 pm #6

I would second Italy or Spain-

The weather is good around this time-
The Euro is at 1.23 per dollar, which is the lowest its been in about seven years
The food is awesome
So much history and stuff to see.

July 29th, 2012, 11:39 pm #7

I concur with Spain as well

Squid Boy
Squid Boy

July 30th, 2012, 12:30 pm #8

Ditto anywhere in Europe because it's finally affordable again, and well it rocks.

Kohsblocks
Kohsblocks

July 30th, 2012, 5:24 pm #9

Thanks for the tips!

Spain does sound interesting, though everything kinda sounds interesting. It's been A LONG TIME since we've had any semblance of a vacation.

Euro-topia here we come!!!

July 30th, 2012, 5:38 pm #10

My co-worker, the lucky bastard, just got back from Spain. He managed to fit in a drive to France and a trip to Morocco.\

ET remove Italy
Last edited by jeannien on July 30th, 2012, 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.