R Guinne Pigs Easy To take Care Of?

R Guinne Pigs Easy To take Care Of?

Tonja
Tonja

September 22nd, 2002, 9:03 pm #1

I wanted to no a little more info on these cute little furry things before i went out and spent a whole latta money on one !!!!
Are They Mean?
Do they make alot of noise?
Do they stink?
Oh and Do they Bite Alot!!!
if anybody can help me on this please send me an e-mail!!!!!
Thanks
Tonja

emily
emily

November 1st, 2002, 3:52 am #2

Guinnie pigs are very easy to take care of but you should have 2 becasue the other will get lonely by its self i have 2 guinnie pig and they are very easy to handle all u do is get them a propper box lay down news papper then put not to much saw dust on them hay so they can hide under it and for food u give them carrots and lattuce and for treats calery and make sure they get to run around every day so put some bricks in a circuls then let them run around in that and be careful if u have a cat always watch them when they are playing around because the cat can easily eat the little ones. i hope this answers your question from Emily

bethany
bethany

November 10th, 2002, 2:47 am #3

I wanted to no a little more info on these cute little furry things before i went out and spent a whole latta money on one !!!!
Are They Mean?
Do they stink?
Thanks
Tonja
yes they make alot of noise. and some times they will stink. but the are great to have

Jessi
Jessi

December 6th, 2002, 5:30 am #4

Are They Mean?
Do they stink?
Thanks
Tonja
HI! I just got two of them and I love them. They are a little noisy but only once in a while, mostly when they are nervous or something is wrong. I have two so they arent alone while I'm at work, and they squeel a bit when they arent together. Also, as long as you keep the cedar chips in thier cage free of spilt water, food and poop they don't stink either. The only thing is is when they are young they need a decent ammount of attention, because they need to get to know you. At first they are really skiddish when people try to hold them so dont be surprized if they pee, but that will go away when they get more used to their cage, your house (and its people and noises) and you. but they are defenetly low matenence as long as you have a good chunk of time each day (Or a little bit here and there) to "get to know them". Also if you dont want babies get to girls. They are a bit sweeter. They dont bite, they knibble and thats because they need something solid to grind their teeth on, cuz when they cant thier teeth hurt, and eventully they will grow too large to open their mouth, like a birds beak, they grow all the time so they have to keep them short in a sence. Hope I could help.
Jessi

amanda
amanda

June 13th, 2003, 8:43 pm #5

Guinnie pigs are very easy to take care of but you should have 2 becasue the other will get lonely by its self i have 2 guinnie pig and they are very easy to handle all u do is get them a propper box lay down news papper then put not to much saw dust on them hay so they can hide under it and for food u give them carrots and lattuce and for treats calery and make sure they get to run around every day so put some bricks in a circuls then let them run around in that and be careful if u have a cat always watch them when they are playing around because the cat can easily eat the little ones. i hope this answers your question from Emily
I am watching a gunnie pig and when I pet it under it's chin it makes a grunting sound. What does that mean?

July 21st, 2003, 2:32 am #6

Are They Mean?
Do they stink?
Thanks
Tonja
Guinne pigs are very cute and furry! But they take a lot of work!
If you are the active type a guinne pig isn't the animal for you ! SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 24th, 2004, 8:01 pm #7

Are They Mean?
Do they stink?
Thanks
Tonja
they are very active so u have to take them out every day and make shure u give them a big cadge and always ahve food and water for them and if u dont clean the cadge every 1.5 weeks they will smell and u will get flys so clean their cadge and during the hot weather u can buy a gunnie pig leash and take them for walks and dont get a long hair becuase u have to brush them every day and u have to clip your pigs nails once a month with a gunnie pig cliper

Ashley
Ashley

December 18th, 2004, 2:03 am #8

Are They Mean?
Do they stink?
Thanks
Tonja
They are really nice, before you buy one you should check its hair first... when i went to get mine it had lice.. i had to get it from another store without bugs (YUCK).. anyway.. before you buy one see if you can hold him.. pet his face and mouth to see if he is mean.play with him and do that kind of stuff. Babys like to nibble but they dont hurt.. hope I helped

MDL
MDL

February 28th, 2005, 8:13 pm #9

Are They Mean?
Do they stink?
Thanks
Tonja
they are fairly easy to care for but their cage needs to be cleaned regularly and they need daily care as wood a cat or dog. If you don't take the time when they are little to allow then to get use to you then they're not very friendly with they human keepers.

jemma
jemma

March 7th, 2005, 12:24 pm #10

I am watching a gunnie pig and when I pet it under it's chin it makes a grunting sound. What does that mean?
it means it really likes you