Old Movies

Old Movies

April 15th, 2004, 1:03 pm #1

I need some pre-1970's movies to watch. I'm like lagging in old movies that are worth watching..

really worth watching... y'know?

gimme now!

Melsugar
Melsugar

April 15th, 2004, 5:10 pm #2

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner. Awesome movie.

STP
STP

April 15th, 2004, 9:27 pm #3

The Music Box

MEbossyouNOT
MEbossyouNOT

April 16th, 2004, 12:33 am #4

I need some pre-1970's movies to watch. I'm like lagging in old movies that are worth watching..

really worth watching... y'know?

gimme now!
I think old movies are like old people; you can respect them immensely but only from a respectful distance. No matter how much you might want to relate to them the age gap will always seem an insurmountable issue. Besides, we're all jaded now due to what we're used to seeing on screen in this digital age. So much so that there doesnt seem to be anything in an old movie that doesnt feel like we might as well be watching it live onstage in a playhouse. So for me its hard, and feels rather presumptuous, to try and kick back and hang with the oldies. Some leave iconic significance and nostalgic moments with enough resonance even for the 21st century, but most feel like they belong in a museum not in dvd player.

Anyways her some oldie goodies:
A christmas carol- with Alistair Sym

The Good the Bad and the Ugly

A boy named Charlie Brown.

These are classics so youve probably seen em. ITs hard to come up with any that arent classics though because if they weren't classics how would we ever remember them long enough to recommend them to anyone?

Melsugar
Melsugar

April 16th, 2004, 2:33 am #5

anyone besides a long-winded pretentious twat wanna help?

MEbossyouNOT
MEbossyouNOT

April 16th, 2004, 2:56 am #6

It wasnt your post I was responding to, dickhead.

I offered three times the help you did as well as some thoughts on the topic brought up because thats what intelligent folk do: think.

You should consider trying it some day.

Till then continue burning with envy.

the Real Melsugar
the Real Melsugar

April 16th, 2004, 2:11 pm #7

Hi, just a quick note to let you know that the last Melsugar post was NOT in fact posted by me, the REAL Melsugar. This imposter will be hunted down and "removed". That being said, I sort of agreed with the fake Melsugar's post. But that's not the point.

MEbossyouNOT
MEbossyouNOT

April 16th, 2004, 3:14 pm #8

you do that.

Cuz I dont know if I can handle two morons at once even if they are under the same name.

April 16th, 2004, 4:49 pm #9

Cool Hand Luke

From Russia With Love

Dr. Zivago

Le Mans

Bullitt

Now eat your pi.

MEbossyouNOT
MEbossyouNOT

April 16th, 2004, 6:28 pm #10

I would like to write and apologize to all the forum members for being such tool and writing a bunch of crap that no one really gives a damn about.

my feeble attempts to convey any sort of value to this board actually just adds to the useless entropy of the Universe.