Kick Ass

Dante Bean
Dante Bean

May 3rd, 2010, 1:29 am #21

You don't qualify as a DVD rental to me.

S
S

May 3rd, 2010, 8:00 pm #22

Hmmm... alright then!
I'm not sure what that even means.

Brad
Brad

November 12th, 2010, 5:11 pm #23

Awesome. I have no complaints other than at two hours, it does wear thin. All the "controversy" around this movie makes me ill. I really don't know how a kid with a potty mouth overshadows some of the things modern cinema is capable of these days. In recent years I've seen a mother get raped while a handgun was held to her infant's head, but nary a blip on the radar about that scene or ones like it. And after seeing it it makes Ebert's bogus review even more annoying, and there are flat out lies in it to make his point sound better. Literally made up. Ugh.

Funny movie, the story is surprisingly great, it is Hit Girl's movie, that friend form Hot Tub Time Machine is awesome, the action and set pieces are incredible (30 million bucks for this blows my mind, it looks like a 100mil movie), one of the best to come out this year. My friend I went with said it's the best movie he's seen since Dark Knight. I'd write a review proper, but I'm sure Todd is seeing it.
I just saw this on DVD last night. I almost didn't watch it because of OddTodd's review. He's usually pretty close to me when it comes to movies. I think he's dead wrong on this one. One of the best movies I've seen all year. I think my wife liked it as much as I did. Hit Girl definitely stole the show. The ending did fall flat on me. Everything up until the end all followed the "could really happen", but the big toy Kick Ass used in one of the final scenes stepped too far out of that box. All in all, I'd give it 4 cookays.