Drive

Drive

Dante Bean
Dante Bean

September 17th, 2011, 4:25 am #1

Holy. Shit.

Favorite of 2011 so far. This thing is so great. It is a slow burn, and when the violence hits it'll put you on the floor. It's brutal to begin with, but the pacing and intensity is what sells it, not the visuals. Every time it hit, the audience would start this nervous laughter. It was so uncomfortable. I squirmed in my chair. Gosling is a great lead, but Bryan Cranston, Albert Brooks and Ron Pearlman make it.

It isn't as much as an action flick as the trailer may have you believe. It is kind of an art house movie. Like I said, very slow paced, sometimes entire scenes playing out with only a couple sentences worth of dialogue. The main character doesn't even have a name, and I could tell some people in the theater were getting bored with it. But I ate it up.

September 19th, 2011, 1:50 pm #2

This is the next movay I'm reviewing. No more slackery on this for real...

BUT always feel free to type up a guest review and stuff! Do it up!

brad
brad

September 22nd, 2011, 6:56 pm #3

Haven't seen the movie yet, but am I the only one that is surprised that Bryan Cranston is such a badass actor? I loved him in Malcolm in the Middle, but thought comedy was his one trick. Every time I see him on Breaking Bad, he just amazes me with his range.

Dante Bean
Dante Bean

September 23rd, 2011, 3:21 am #4

Same. Breaking Bad and Mad Men are better than most any movie.

Dante Bean
Dante Bean

May 14th, 2012, 2:37 am #5

Holy. Shit.

Favorite of 2011 so far. This thing is so great. It is a slow burn, and when the violence hits it'll put you on the floor. It's brutal to begin with, but the pacing and intensity is what sells it, not the visuals. Every time it hit, the audience would start this nervous laughter. It was so uncomfortable. I squirmed in my chair. Gosling is a great lead, but Bryan Cranston, Albert Brooks and Ron Pearlman make it.

It isn't as much as an action flick as the trailer may have you believe. It is kind of an art house movie. Like I said, very slow paced, sometimes entire scenes playing out with only a couple sentences worth of dialogue. The main character doesn't even have a name, and I could tell some people in the theater were getting bored with it. But I ate it up.
Still holds up! Love this movie so much.

May 15th, 2012, 11:50 am #6

I gotta watch this again. I think I watched it wrong the first time...

Dante Bean
Dante Bean

May 16th, 2012, 3:13 pm #7

Maybe, I watched it again last night (thanks to Blizzard selling me a game and not letting me play it) over a pizza and a six pack. Back to back nights. I don't know what it is about it, but it just never bores me. Really love it.

Ttg
Ttg

May 16th, 2012, 8:23 pm #8

So you gotta tell me how D3 is when you get to play.

Dante Bean
Dante Bean

May 16th, 2012, 8:26 pm #9

Will do. Going to try to fire it up again tonight.

brad
brad

May 22nd, 2012, 7:35 pm #10

I gotta watch this again. I think I watched it wrong the first time...
Just saw this over the weekend. Did not like. Wife didn't either. Acting reminded me of Rocky I in certain parts. Only good part was the stomp scene.