Batman: WARNING SPOILERS

Batman: WARNING SPOILERS

A Citizen
A Citizen

July 22nd, 2012, 7:51 pm #1

Don't read this if you haven't seen the movie. If you don't care, don't blame me for spoilers.

Okay- first off, the length. They could have chopped about a half hour off the running time and it would have been better. The Tale of Two Cities thing? Didn't work at all for me. The scarecrow being the judge, weak- the best was Bane and Batman trading dialogue, at crucial scenes, with Christian Bale, sounding like he is pulling the words up from his scrotum and Bane, Tom Hardy sounding like Darth Vader's eastern eurotrash cousin.

Then the bomb, and how it banged against everything- It almost became comical.

The ending was good. Catwoman was good. The kid from Third Rock was good. Everything else...meh...

AnonoPajama
AnonoPajama

July 22nd, 2012, 7:59 pm #2

Lizzlee's shit stained granny panties

Tamrah
Tamrah

July 22nd, 2012, 8:01 pm #3

Don't read this if you haven't seen the movie. If you don't care, don't blame me for spoilers.

Okay- first off, the length. They could have chopped about a half hour off the running time and it would have been better. The Tale of Two Cities thing? Didn't work at all for me. The scarecrow being the judge, weak- the best was Bane and Batman trading dialogue, at crucial scenes, with Christian Bale, sounding like he is pulling the words up from his scrotum and Bane, Tom Hardy sounding like Darth Vader's eastern eurotrash cousin.

Then the bomb, and how it banged against everything- It almost became comical.

The ending was good. Catwoman was good. The kid from Third Rock was good. Everything else...meh...
I have to see this movie. What is the big space for? Doodling?

Odd Todd
Odd Todd

July 22nd, 2012, 8:02 pm #4

You stupid fucking cunt

A Citizen
A Citizen

July 22nd, 2012, 9:50 pm #5

I have to see this movie. What is the big space for? Doodling?
Its to give people space to let them think about reading it or not...

smirk
smirk

July 23rd, 2012, 12:38 am #6

I liked this quite a bit. I liked the Scarecrow bit - it was a cameo nothing more. Found Bane to be a good, underused villain. Good closure.

Do agree that about 1/2 hour could have been cut.

I think the direction they took with the occupy stuff was really interesting, and a good move. The concept of lefty fascism is rarely explored. (Which makes Limbaugh's "Bain/Bane" thing even funnier because this essentially is a pretty Conservative movie politically speaking.

Anne Hathaway did a great job too and agree that I really was seeing Cat Woman, and not Anne Hathaway.

Will be going back to rewatch the 1st one to remind me of all of the Liam Neeson stuff.

July 23rd, 2012, 12:48 am #7

I agree smirk. I should have watched the other two just to remember the full story line - not that it hurts you much if you don't.

I loved Bane's power - holy hell those muscles! and I found his accent more annoying than than the altering of his voice. Surprisingly, there were actually parts where I didn't understand what Commissioner Gordon was saying not Bane.

When the truck with the bomb in it crashed and rolled and Commissioner Gordon walked out, unhurt, I almost laughed. He should have been crushed.

I'm really hoping the suggested sequel actually happens with JGL - LOVE him! I saw trailers for the director's version of Superman coming this summer so it might be quite a while.

I was surprised how many actors from Inception were in this movie.

ETA I knew that guy looked familiar but I have no memory of who Scarecrow even is.
Last edited by jeannien on July 23rd, 2012, 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

smirk
smirk

July 23rd, 2012, 12:58 am #8

Would love to see that Robin movie - but won't hold my breath for it.

The Man of Steel is something that's been on my radar for a while. Was really excited to see that preview even though, really, I didn't see a damn thing.

I'm sorta a fan boy of the director Zach Snyder. Remember walking out his Dawn of the Dead remake completely blown away. Was a big Romero fan and was totally curious. That was Snyder's first movie. Then 300 and Watchmen sealed the deal for me. He's had a few missteps, like Suckerpunch - but actually, I even liked the owl movie Legend of the Guardian.

Superman is just sorta cheesy. The traditional Superman just doesn't work in this day and age. If anyone can bring some cred to that character, I'm pretty sure Snyder can do it.

Bane's voice and accent didn't bother me in the least except for some missed dialogue - and I too, missed dialogue by a few other characters too. Batman's voice however, still is cheesy as hell. And Bruce Wayne needed a haircut. His sideburns were all feathered over his ears.

What if this movie brings back feathering?

July 23rd, 2012, 1:01 am #9

300 is one of my fav movies. LOVED the look. I wasn't so keen on Watchmen at all even tho I was really looking forward to it.

You know, I did notice that Bruce Wane looked very unkempt. Like he had fired his stylist.

July 23rd, 2012, 1:09 am #10

I'm actually in desperate need of a haircut at the moment but everytime I get some spare time the last thing I wanna do is get a haircut. He made me feel better about this shag. One scene in particular, right after he broke out of prison and met Lucius Fox at the kangaroo court, he looked like he just got out of bed. The side of his head was all huge and bulbous with unkept hair.

The opening credits of Watchmen were worth the price of admission alone in my book.

Dawn of the Dead brought the zombie genre back from the dead so to speak. Walking Dead as well as Zombieland stand on the solid base that Snyder constructed.

As far as Nolan - to think that he made Inception as a break between this film and the previous is actually mind-blowing. Can do no wrong?