yellow & blue will it come true

yellow & blue will it come true

the future
the future

April 15th, 2012, 11:46 am #1

with linnets & town doing fairly well in the league , what would be the best combined team , and would they have been champions ??? your thoughts would be intresting from goalkeeper to striker & manager to match reporter . no names needed to spare embaressment

Probable board member
Probable board member

April 15th, 2012, 3:11 pm #2

Will be interesting to see the responses on this. I follow from outside the UK, so aside from the Boxing day game- havent seen much....so I'll just respond on the reports from the websites - I'll go for the ones from Barry on RT whenever they are posted (alth the RL reporter seems to attend every game)

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

April 15th, 2012, 3:48 pm #3

with linnets & town doing fairly well in the league , what would be the best combined team , and would they have been champions ??? your thoughts would be intresting from goalkeeper to striker & manager to match reporter . no names needed to spare embaressment
Thats very tough but a great question!

Good players from both teams will miss out here, but for me I like the below, this team would waltz our league.

1 - Mottram
2 - Murphy
3 - Towns LB ( Kinsey? )
4 - Bodie
5 - Lawton
6 - Ellison
7 - Towey
8 - Burton
9 - McShane
10 - Whyte
11 - Bellew

3rd fella with a lame arsed llama
3rd fella with a lame arsed llama

April 15th, 2012, 3:57 pm #4

Bagpuss in goal over wills???? Are you kidding? Plus im quite baffled how only 4 town players made that 11 considering town currently sit where they do and linnets sit where they do.

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

April 15th, 2012, 4:48 pm #5

Well instead of questioning my team put your own down.

3rd fella with a shameful seagull
3rd fella with a shameful seagull

April 15th, 2012, 5:49 pm #6

1 - wills
2- latham
3- kinsey
4- spearitt
5- dalton
6- burton
7- shanley
8- elo
9- mcshane
10- carey or white
11- bellew

reasons being towns back 5 conceeded 10 less goals. Attacking wise scored over 100 goals so would go with majority of town front 6. Elo would give burton licence to create so thats why he gets the nod. Whyte or carey would be perfect foil for mcshane.

Secretary would be Fallon or i would bring debbie out of retirement. Match reporter would go with linnets due to barry constantly being nasty about danny cummins. Chairman would go with tony riley as he is a man with a vision. Id take the linnets surface on towns pitch if that makes sense. The linnets surface is better than towns but towns doesnt have big slope.

Probable board member
Probable board member

April 15th, 2012, 8:47 pm #7

who would be manager no one has said yet

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

April 15th, 2012, 9:13 pm #8

Macca for me, as I think the team I chose would need to keep the ball on the deck more than how Simon Burtons team plays.

Probable board member
Probable board member

April 15th, 2012, 9:16 pm #9

Take it you didn't go yesterday then Biggy.
Manager has to be judged on results.

3rd fella with an extravagant elk
3rd fella with an extravagant elk

April 15th, 2012, 9:24 pm #10

Is the manager a debate???

Si burton and Salty with Fitzy as coach is a no brainer. 2 Promotions in two years plus still fighting for title in first year of counties with 3 to play says it all really! Town play to the situation. They can pass it when required or can be direct when required. The easter monday was just linnets up for it and stopping everything.

Why cant they be that committed all the time? surely poses questions to the manager!!

Confirmation of reply: